This Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce is the real deal! Easy, Cheesy, slightly spicy and seriously good! Just a few ingredients and Ready in 15 minutes! Serve with tortilla chips, loaded vegan nachos and more! It’s gluten free too!
- 1 cup cashews (no need to soak)
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup grated Daiya cheese, (grated from the block)
- 1/4 cup plain vegan yogurt, I use Silk brand unsweetened Cultured Coconut Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch (flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or regular salt
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Seasoned Vegetable Base
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or pickled jalapeño juice or both!
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeños, chopped small
- Add all ingredients, except chopped pickled jalapeños to your Nutra Bullet or blender and process until smooth. I don’t soak the cashews for this recipe and it works great! Super creamy!
- Now add the sauce and chopped jalapeños to a medium heavy bottomed pot set to medium heat. Bring the sauce to a simmer and whisk continuously for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, loaded vegan nachos, burritos, quesadillas, or any mexican inspired dishes, or potatoes, over pasta,…etc! Enjoy!
- Keep sauce covered in the fridge for 3-5 days. Reheat leftover sauce on the stove or in the microwave
- if you want it even cheesier feel free to add another 1/4 cup or so of Daiya cheese
- or if you would like to omit the Daiya completely, substitute 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- I use my Nutra Bullet for this recipe and it works perfectly! (the big cup)
Keywords: vegan nacho cheese sauce