These Vegan Pinwheels are the ultimate party food appetizers! Loaded with a mock ‘chicken bacon’ cheese-y creamy ranch filling, veggies, seeds. These easy tortilla roll-ups will become your new favourite appetizer recipe. Quick & easy to make, easy to transport. Perfect for picnics, parties, game days and holidays! Serve cold.
For the filling:
- 1/3 cup of my 5 Minute Vegan Ranch dressing (LINK HERE)*
- 1/3 cup vegan cream cheese, I used Daiya for this recipe
- 227 grams vegan chicken pieces, chopped small, I used Tofurky lightly seasoned plant based chick'n*
- 1 (227 g) can of water chestnuts, drained, rinsed and chopped small
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/3 cup imitation bacon bits, or your favourite vegan bacon bits
For the rest:
- 3 large burrito size flour tortillas (use gluten free tortillas if needed)
- 1/3 cup or so sunflower seeds, I buy mine roasted and salted
- 1/3 cup or so dried cranberries, chopped (optional but tasty)
- First make my 5 minute vegan ranch dressing and chill until needed.
- Prep all your veggies and vegan chicken. Chop them small. Add to a large mixing bowl along with the ranch dressing and cream cheese. Mix well. Taste for seasonings add salt and pepper if needed.
- Spread an even layer of the filling on a flour tortilla. Sprinkle with some sunflower seeds and dried cranberries. Roll up TIGHTLY! (A little will spill out the sides that's normal) Repeat with remaining 2 tortillas.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill the unsliced rolls in fridge for 1 hour up to 5 hours. Slice into one inch or so pinwheels using a serrated knife. Enjoy! Makes approximately 24-30 pieces, 8-10 per log.
- You can serve these vegan appies as is or leave out the cranberries and enjoy with a side of salsa! Either way it’s a win win! Lovely for your kids lunch box, next picnic, super bowl party or your holiday Christmas platter!
- you can use any vegan chicken pieces, like Gardein, lightlife,.. etc
Can Pinwheels be made ahead of time?
- You can make the tortilla rolls, cover and refrigerate up to 5 hours ahead of time. Slice before serving I do not recommend making the night before as they will get soggy. The filling itself can be made up to a couple days in advance.
Can they be frozen?
- I'm sure there are certain types of pinwheels that can be frozen like the baked variety made with puff pastry but I do not recommend freezing cold pinwheels like this recipe. They will be mushy once defrosted.
- Category: Snacks & Sides, Vegan Holiday Recipes, Gluten free,
- Method: mixing bowl
- Cuisine: American, Canadian,
Keywords: vegan pinwheels, tortilla roll ups, vegan appetizers, chicken bacon ranch pinwheels, cold pinwheels, veggie tortilla pinwheels, pinwheel snacks