Vegan Pumpkin cheesecake! a simple no bake cheesecake recipe with creamy pumpkin spiced filling atop a healthy nut pie crust. Delicious thanksgiving dessert! Healthy, gluten free, No tofu/cashews!
- 1 cup whole pitted dates
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole pitted dates
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 container vegan cream cheese (8 oz/227 grams) at room temperature, I use Daiya (see notes for other options)
- 1/3 cup canned coconut cream, room temperature (see notes for options)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or use 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil, melted then measured (add this to blender last)
- vegan salted caramel sauce
- toasted chopped pecans
- dairy free whipped topping
- Grease the bottom and sides of a non stick 8 inch springform pan. I use cooking oil spray. (Glass pie plate works great too!)
- For the crust: add dates to a bowl and cover with boiling water from kettle- soak for 5 minutes or less (this softens the dates for easier blending) While dates are soaking add the walnuts, almonds, coconut and salt to your food processor and process until completely broken down. Drain the dates well and add them in. Process until they are completely mixed in as well. Pour into the springform pan, evenly spread and press down firmly. Chill in fridge until needed.
- For the filling: add dates to a bowl and cover with boiling water from kettle- soak for 5 minutes or less. Drain the dates well, add to high speed blender with rest of ingredients and mix until completely smooth and shiny. Stopping to stir with spatula once or twice.
- Pour into the prepared crust. Spread evenly. Tap a few times. Chill uncovered in fridge for at least 3 hours before serving. Slice and Enjoy! Absolutley delicious as is or jazz up individual servings with a drizzle of my vegan salted caramel sauce and toasted chopped pecans. Dairy free coconut whipped topping is always tasty too! For step by step photos see above post
- I used Daiya Cream cheese in the cheesecake filling but tofutti brand works well too have not tried kite hill. I will say I preferred the texture and flavour with daiya.
- In place of coconut cream you could substitute unsweetened plain vegan yogurt. I prefer flavour with coconut cream.
- I use Savoy brand coconut cream I buy it at Walmart usually😊
- prep the does not include chill time.
Pie crust options:
- I used a nut crust for my cheesecake but you could use whatever crust you like: a homemade graham wafer crust, gingersnap crust or even a regular pie crust, vegan of course! Lots of choices! I think you'll be a fan of mine though it's really tasty guys! healthy and is literally ready in minutes!
To store and freeze:
- cheesecake will keep covered in fridge for 5 days, and is suitable for freezing without any added toppings.
- Category: Sweets, Gluten free, Vegan Holiday Recipes
- Method: food processor / blender
- Cuisine: American, Canadian
Keywords: vegan pumpkin cheesecake, vegan cheesecake, no bake vegan pumpkin cheesecake, vegan cheesecake no bake, healthy vegan cheesecake,