My recipe for vegan pumpkin pie! The best easy to make holiday dessert with perfectly spiced filling and homemade crust. No one will believe it’s vegan! Tastes incredible!
- 1 recipe simple homemade vegan pie crust (or use store-bought)
- 1-14 oz (398 ml) can (1 and 1/2 cups) pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup canned coconut cream, (see notes*)
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Make 1 recipe of my simple vegan pie crust Make sure it is properly chilled before filling as stated in recipe (you could also use store bought pie shell refrigerated or frozen)
- Whisk pie filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl until smooth
- Pour into unbaked chilled pie shell
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes reduce oven to 350° and bake for an additional 40 minutes. Tent crust edges with foil or pie protectors if necessary to prevent over browning (I have never had to do this but ovens can vary). Pie might seem a little under cooked in the middle but will set once cool don't worry!
- Cool on cooling rack completely and then set pie uncovered in fridge to chill and set up for at least 4 hours before serving (or make pie day before) Once pie has completely chilled in fridge, wrap in plastic wrap. Serve with coconut whip or vegan vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!
- To store and freeze: pie will keep covered in fridge for up to a week and freezes well for up to 3 months just wrap well in plastic wrap and then tin foil
- For gluten free: the filling is already gluten free so just use a homemade or store bought gluten free crust.
- Coconut cream: I usually use savoy brand canned coconut cream (not coconut milk) that I purchase from Walmart. You can find it through amazon too but it seems so expensive!
- Sugar: you can use coconut sugar in place of brown sugar
- Spices: substitute 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice for cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger (I much prefer recipe as written though😊)
- Category: Sweets, Vegan Holiday Desserts, Gluten free
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American, Canadian
Keywords: vegan pumpkin pie, eggless pumpkin pie, vegan holiday desserts,