These Salted Caramel & Pecan Vegan Shortbread Bars are to die for! Perfect vegan shortbread cookie crust topped with amazing salted caramel & toasted pecans, sliced into little tasty bars of holiday happiness. These make a delicious addition to any vegan Christmas cookies platter.
TO MAKE VEGAN SHORTBREAD:( STEP BY STEP PHOTOS ABOVE)
- Pre heat oven to 350°
- Add vegan butter, sugar and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Mix with hand mixer till light and creamy, approximately a minute or so .
- Add in the flours and stir with wooden spoon or by hand till fully mixed.
- Crumble evenly into a 8x8 non stick brownie pan
- Press down evenly with your hand to form shortbread base.
- Dock evenly with fork
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. It should look very slightly brown just around the edges
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on cooling rack
WHILE THE SHORTBREAD IS BAKING: (STEP BY STEP PHOTOS ABOVE)
- Add chopped pecans to dry frying pan set to medium heat, toast for 5-7 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes. Be careful not to burn them.? remove from pan and set aside.
- Make the Salted Caramel Sauce - Recipe is HERE
- Add toasted pecans to caramel sauce, and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly on shortbread crust , let cool to room temp and then put in the fridge to set . and hour or so .
- Slice and enjoy! Store the bars in container on counter .
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Sweets
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: vegan shortbread, holidays, Christmas, cookies, easy, desserts, salted caramel, pecans, perfect, vegan, winner, best, vegan Christmas cookies, caramel, bars, squares, sweet & salty, vegan shortbread cookie crust,