This is the best Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream recipe! It’s made with 5 easy ingredients and always tastes delightfully rich and creamy. Make it with or without an ice cream maker!
- 2- 14 oz cans coconut cream (not coconut milk)*
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed (see notes*)
1 and 1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract (omit for nut free)
1/4 teaspoon table salt
- First ensure your freezer base of your 2 quart ice cream maker is in the freezer for 24 hours before using. I just keep mine in the freezer, then it’s always ready.
In a large glass mixing bowl (preferably with a spout) whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
Set the ice cream freezer base into the ice cream machine and pour the ice cream mixture in. Prepare according to manufacturer settings, about 25-30 minutes of churning. It should resemble soft serve ice cream. If you're not using an ice cream maker, see notes section for no churn instructions.
Scoop the soft serve ice cream into an airtight container (I use a loaf pan) and smooth it down. Then seal the container (or wrap pan). Place in the freezer for 2 to 4 hours to set up, or overnight. You can also enjoy it right away as soft serve ice cream!
When ready to serve, remove from the freezer for at least 10 to 15 minutes to soften, just like you would with store bought ice cream. Scoop, serve and enjoy! For photos, suggestions and more see above post.
- Sugar: can substitute maple syrup or any kind of sugar, granulated, demerara, cane sugar etc,.. But I prefer recipe as written
- No churn method: once mixed and chilled just pour seal and freeze! Could stir every 30 minutes until frozen (optional)
- Ice crystals: if your worried about ice crystals forming on your ice cream place a piece of plastic wrap directly on ice cream mixture before sealing container and freezing
- Adding mixins to vanilla ice cream: Just before ice cream is finished churning, stir in any mixins of choice like fresh fruit, chocolate chips, walnuts, crunchy cookies or candy, etc,.. If adding caramel, swirl in by hand once ice cream is in the container or drizzle on top when serving.
- Ice cream maker: You Need a 2 quart ice cream maker for this recipe. I have the Cuisinart ICE30BC Ice Cream Maker, 2-Qt and love it!
- Coconut cream: I use Savoy brand canned coconut cream for this recipe.
- Store: will keep covered in freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Category: Desserts, gluten free
- Method: Ice cream maker
- Cuisine: American, Canadian
Keywords: vegan vanilla ice cream, vegan ice cream, no churn vegan ice cream