The Best Pico de Gallo Recipe! A quick & easy fresh authentic Mexican salsa, made with Roma tomatoes, red onions, lime juice, cilantro and optional jalapeños. You'd think a lot goes into this Mexican Salsa based on the delicious complex flavours, uh nope!! It's super straightforward, tasty and addicting. Make it mild or spicy, it's up to you.
- 7 roma tomatoes ( 3 cups or so), seeded and diced small, (see notes*)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice ( approx 2 limes)
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp or so finely diced jalapeño pepper, ( totally optional !!)
- Add diced onion and lime juice to medium bowl to marry flavours, at least 15 min.
- Add rest of ingredients, stir, adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Category: Sauces & Dressings, gluten free,
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: pico de Gallo, pico de Gallo salsa, best salsa, recipe, easy, mexican, authentic, fresh, quick, spicy pico de Gallo, mild, best,