Pico de Gallo Recipe! Such a quick & easy fresh salsa, made with Roma tomatoes, red onions, lime juice, cilantro and optional jalapeños You’d think a lot more goes into this Mexican Salsa based on the delicious complex flavours, uh nope!! It’s super straightforward, authentic, tasty and addicting. Make it mild or spicy, it’s up to you.
- 7 roma tomatoes ( 3 cups or so), seeded and diced small, (see notes*)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice ( approx 2 limes)
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1/3 cup red onion (finely diced)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp or so finely diced jalapeño pepper, ( totally optional !!)
- Add diced onion and lime juice to medium bowl to marry flavours, at least 15 min.
- Add rest of ingredients, stir, adjust seasoning if necessary.
Keywords: pico de Gallo, salsa, best salsa, recipe, easy, mexican, authentic, fresh, quick, spicy pico de Gallo, mild, best,