Better than Taco Bell! This Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme is homemade and one of the best you'll make! stuffed with refried black beans, fresh pico de Gallo, guacamole, lettuce, crunchy tortilla chips and the flavour bomb, Chipotle Mayo! Healthy and easily gluten free!
I personally never tried a Crunchwrap in my meat eating days. It wasn't on purpose, I just always had the tacos, while my husband was a huge fan of the Crunchwrap, and that wasn't very often as we don't live close to a Taco Bell.
So of course because I love Mexican food so much! I had to make my vegan version of this crunchy wrap of goodness. My hubby is so glad I did! It's easy, so tasty and pretty healthy too.
What makes this Vegan Crunchwrap so Delicious?
Homemade refried black beans of course and the Pico de Gallo and the Guacamole make it so fresh and truly addictive ( if I do say so myself lol ?) and of course we can't forget about the tortilla chips and iceberg lettuce, that's where that delicious crunch comes from... and chipotle mayo..mmm
Feel free to add extras, cucumbers, green onions, black olives, etc...
I love adding hot sauce to mine, Franks Red Hot is my fav.
It's a pretty versatile recipe, it's a wrap after all.
Now keep in mind you still have to roll it up, don't over fill it.
Oh god my mouth's watering writing this, and of course my hubby and I finished off the rest of the "wrap goodness" days ago. Maybe I need to pull some beans from the freezer... haha now we're talking.
If you're worried about the oil in the chipotle mayo, never fear vegan yogurt or sour cream is here. Just swap the mayo for vegan sour cream or yogurt. Good to go, or omit chipotle mayo completely and just add some hot sauce ( Franks Red Hot mmm)
If you're short on time, and don't want to wait for the oven baked beans (so delicious), Amy's refried black beans will do in a pinch, they're very tasty, but if you plan ahead my refried beans can be made days in advance. Just portion and freeze, very handy!
This Vegan Crunchwrap is:
better than taco bell
the best veggie burrito recipe
Check out Crunch Wrap video below?
Enjoy you Guys! Happy day?
Feel free to leave comment below. Your feedback is always appreciated.
Other Vegan Mexican recipes for you to enjoy:
- Mexican Bean and Veggie Soup
- Sopa De Fideo
- Best Guacamole Recipe
- Mild or Spicy Pico de Gallo
- Best Refried Black beans
- Best Vegan Taco Meat
- 10 Minute Vegan Nacho cheese Sauce
- Tasty Tex Mex Vegan Taco meat
Better than Taco Bell! This Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme is homemade and one of the best you'll make! filled with refried black beans, fresh pico de Gallo, guacamole, lettuce, crunchy tortilla chips and the flavour bomb, Chipotle Mayo! Healthy and easily gluten free!
- 6 -8 flour tortillas of your choice
- 2 cups refried black beans of your choice or try mine, (recipe here) ( see notes*)
- 2 cups guacamole, ( recipe here)
- 2 cups pico de Gallo (recipe here)
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup chipotle mayo
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce (approx)
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS:
- cucumbers, hot sauce ( I love Franks), black olives, green onions, etc...
- 1 cup vegan mayo, ( I like vegenaise)
- 1-1/2 - 3 tbsps chipotle sauce (from chipotles in adobe sauce tin)
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste ( if needed)
TO ASSEMBLE THE CRUNCHWRAP ADD TO THE FLOUR TORTILLA IN THIS ORDER:
- Layer of refried beans, warmed of course, (1/4 cup approx)
- Guacamole, (1/4 cup)
- Pico de Gallo, ( 1/4 cup)
- Tortilla chips, good handful, broken up slightly
- Shredded lettuce
- Chipotle mayo, (2-3 tbsps)
- Wrap up burrito style ( see video above)
- Crisp both sides in a dry pan on medium heat, couple minutes each side
- Slice in half and Enjoy!!
FOR CHIPOTLE MAYO:
- Mix all ingredients
- Refrigerate for at 30 minutes before serving
- I recommend 'Amy's refried black beans , they are tasty and will do in a pinch.
- * If using my beans they can be made ahead of time. They will last in fridge up to 5 days, they also freeze well.
- *chiptole mayo can be made ahead of time, it will keep in fridge, up to a week.
- Nutritional chart below is calculated using salted tortilla chips. It does not include the Chipotle Mayo.
- Category: mains, snacks/sides, gluten free
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: vegan crunchwrap supreme, Taco Bell, vegan Crunchwrap, healthy, easy, best,