Mmmm these are the Best Refried Black Beans, so good and so easy. I love this recipe.
I’ve been making these beans for years. This recipe makes a fair amount, so you can portion and freeze for another day.
These beans are equally delicious kept whole and eating as is ( I do this quite often)
or adding to soups and chilies, etc,..or in my “Vegan Supreme Crunch Wrap” YUM!
I’m sure these would do well in an ‘instapot’. I’m old school and don’t own one.
We’ll see how long it takes before I succumb to the “Instapot craze”, haha.
I like to check the beans in the last hour of cooking. If you find them getting to dry, add some veg broth or water, half cup or so. Don’t add to much, you can always add more at the end when you’re mashing them.
These Refried Black Beans are:
Enjoy you guys! Happy Day??
Please feel free to comment below. Your feedback is always appreciated.
These Beans are savoury, slightly spicy and so delicious. Fat free and gluten free.
- 2 cups dried black beans, soaked overnight, (see notes*)
- 3–1/2 cups water
- 1 can green chilies (127 ml)
- 1 – 2 tsp “better than beef boullion”( see notes*)
- 2 tsp dehydrated onions
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp pickled jalapeños peppers, (diced)
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeño juice
- 1– 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Drain and rinse beans, add to casserole dish with water
- preheat oven to 350, bake covered for one hour
- Remove from oven, add rest of ingredients
- Return to oven, bake covered for additional 1- 1/2 to 2 hrs, ( see notes*)
- Remove from oven, puree with hand blender or food processor
- Adjust seasoning if necessary
*Soak beans with approx 6 cups water, in covered bowl in fridge overnight-
*Towards end of cooking check beans for doneness and liquid levels, add more veg stock if necessary. Remember you can always add more liquid when mashing the beans.
*”better than beef boullion” comes in glass jar. It’s a paste. (vegan)
Keywords: best refried black beans, refried beans, beans,