You’ll love my perfectly seasoned best home fries recipe. It’s super delicious. These baked breakfast potatoes tick all the boxes, crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside and they’re vegan too!
- 5–6 ( about 6 cups) medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed, about 3/4 to 1 inch cubes.
- 2–3 tbsps of oil or use cooking spray
- 1 small onion,(Optional) chopped into 1 inch bite size pieces ( not to small or they will burn)
- 1 bell pepper, ( Optional) chopped into 1 inch bite size pieces (not to small or they will burn)
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
OPTIONAL TOPPING FOR POTATOES:
- diced green onions
- grated vegan cheese
- side of salsa
- side of hot sauce
- ketchup of course!!😊
- Pre heat oven to 425 and line a large baking sheet,( mine is 15×21 inches) or two smaller pans with parchment and set aside.
- Add your cubed potatoes to a pot with a good pinch or two of salt and cover them with water. Bring the potatoes to a boil. Then reduce heat to med high and boil for 5-6 minutes but No longer! Drain the potatoes into a colander. Let them cool for a minute or so. Then add the potatoes back to the pot, just make sure the pot is dry.
- Now add in the peppers, onions and half of the seasoning mix and stir everything together.
- Spray your parchment lined baking sheet evenly with oil. Now add your potatoes and peppers to the greased parchment and spread them in an even layer. Try not to crowd them or they won’t get as crispy. Next spray the tops of them evenly with oil. Now give the pan a little shake .
- Bake the potatoes and veggies for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes remove them from the oven, give them a quick stir then return them to the oven to bake for an additional 15 minutes. (35 minutes total baking time).
- When the potatoes are done remove them from the oven and add the rest of the seasoning and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy😊
- If you don’t have cooking spray add 2-3 tbsp of oil to the potatoes, veggies and seasoning mix when you are mixing them in the pot.
- Peppers and onions are totally optional just omit if you like😊 I quite often make this recipe with just potatoes and the seasoning mix👍
- It will seem like there is to much seasoning mix but it works out perfectly! Trust me. There is only one tsp of salt in the seasoning mix for all those potatoes, the rest is just herbs and spices, so it’s not overly salty. Feel free to add more salt at the end if necessary .
- Try this recipe with my tofu scrambled eggs. YUM!
Keywords: home fries recipe, breakfast potatoes, best home fries recipe, crispy home fries, buttery, fluffy, soft, baked, vegan, potatoes, home fries,