Delicious & Easy Roasted Vegetables Medley with broccoli and carrots, mushrooms, corn, garlic, dill! My go to Vegetable side dish for the holidays- 30+ years! Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter! Great vegan recipe. Vegetarian, Gluten free, Nut free.
For the vegetables:
- 4–5 cups broccoli florets, leave some stem attached
- 3 small carrots, sliced into THIN coins (see notes*)
- 1/2 lb (227 grams) small brown or white button mushrooms, if larger slice in half
- 2 tablespoons oil, I use grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic (3–5 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, I use earth balance
- 1 small can of corn, I like peaches and cream
- 1 tablespoon dried dill or couple tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- salt and pepper
Optional add ins:
- a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar (1-2 tablespoons)
- drizzle of maple syrup (1-2 tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Prep all the veggies. Add the mushrooms, broccoli and carrots to a 9×13 casserole dish, I use my lasagna pan. Drizzle over the oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 35-45 minutes or until they’re done to your liking.
- While veggies are baking add the garlic and vegan butter to a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the corn and dill. Cook for an additional minute. Add to the baked vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with a good squeeze of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, if desired. A little maple syrup is super tasty too!
- Enjoy with all the holiday favourites like, vegan turkey or meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy or scalloped potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, etc… mmmm!! For step by step photos see above post🔼
- oven temperature: Oven can be set from 350-400° if needed to accommodate other dishes being cooked for the holiday dinner. No worries!!
- carrots: slice them thin in order to cook at same time as other veggies or steam slightly first before baking
- broccoli: substitute cauliflower or cook a little of both if you like!😊
- corn: I always use canned corn. Frozen corn is not my thing!
- any veggie you don’t like just omit and sub with your favourite!
- Store and freeze: will keep covered in fridge for up to 4 days. I have only frozen this vegetable medley in homemade TV dinners and it worked well.
Keywords: roasted vegetables, thanksgiving vegetables, baked vegetables, easy, holiday vegetables, vegetable medley,