Easy Vegan Gravy! BEST vegetarian alternative to chicken or turkey gravy! READY IN 10 MINUTES to pour over mashed potatoes and everything else! Gluten free option!
So if you’ve been looking at vegan gravy recipes look no further…
Your mashed potatoes need this quick and easy vegan gravy recipe! It’ll takes minutes to make and tastes incredible! Seriously the flavour is amazing, Buttery, creamy, savoury, salty, rich, hearty and satisfying- Perfection!
My vegan gravy is meant to mimic chicken or turkey gravy and it works! But hey you’re going to want this all purpose gravy poured on everything! Veggies, potatoes, biscuits, vegan turkey, roast, sausage (I like beyond) buddha bowls and my favourite- french fries (mmm fries and gravy! Or poutine!!)
It’s perfect for thanksgiving, Christmas, any holiday really! And it’s so not complicated! There’s no mushrooms, onions or garlic to chop. It’s a super simple straight forward vegan gravy recipe!
-and it totally satisfies my need for KFC or A&W gravy! (I will say I was a huge fan, there I admitted it😳-no KFC gravy is not vegan btw)
And if mushroom gravy is your thing check out my recipe here
What ingredients gives this easy vegan gravy the best flavour?
- Vegetarian better than bouillon is my secret weapon! I use the paste in so many of my recipes I adore it. Love the flavour options, and when paired with dairy free butter, nutritional yeast, spices, Tamari (or soy sauce) and flour to thicken you have an award winning gravy recipe that’s vegan! Yay!
Ok lets get to it we have a yummy gravy to make it’s already October and soon to be November! Eek!
How to make vegan gravy?
- Add the broth ingredients to a glass measuring cup (with a spout helps) whisk together and set aside.
- Melt butter in a sauce pot/pan over medium heat.
- Once melted and hot stir or whisk in the flour until it’s all incorporated and forms a paste (that's the roux)
- Slowly whisk in the vegetable broth mix
- Bring to a simmer on medium heat and cook until thickened while stirring, 4 minutes or so. Turn down heat slightly if necessary. If gravy is too thick add a little water too thin. For a thicker gravy add a tablespoon of flour and a little water to a small bowl to make a paste, whisk into gravy. (Important note-gravy will thicken slightly as it cools)
- Enjoy! For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below.
What to serve with gravy?
- Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
- Vegan Turkey Recipe (Seitan)
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes (Instant Pot)
- Best Home Fries Recipe (Breakfast Potatoes)
- vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and carrots!
- Perfect Vegan Stuffing
- Vegetarian Salsbury Steak (Vegan) (Meatball version
- Best Vegan Steak Recipe (Seitan)_
This vegan gravy is:
- incredibly simple
- the best you'll taste
- a must for thanksgiving dinner
- lovely for the holidays
- kid friendly
- rich and savoury
- buttery and creamy
Enjoy you guys! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print