Best Vegan Alfredo Sauce! Delicious easy to make 20 minute creamy pasta sauce no one will believe is vegan! Made with cashew not dairy. Serve alfredo recipe with fettuccini of course
For Alfredo Sauce:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups unsweetened plant milk, I used cashew milk (or oat milk)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese, I used Daiya brand
- 3 tsp white miso
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Better Than Bouillon Seasoned Vegetable Base (vegan)
- 3/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 and 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 lb ( 12 oz) (350 grams) fettuccine or pasta of your choice (gluten free if needed)
- Start by adding cashews to a soup bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- While Cashews are soaking cook the pasta according to instructions. Drain, but do not rinse. toss noodles with a little oil (optional) and set aside.
- After 5 minutes drain cashews and add them to your Nutra bullet or Blender with the rest of the sauce ingredients except dried basil. Blend until smooth.
- Now add the sauce and dried basil to a heavy bottomed sauce pot or skillet. Bring to a boil, while stirring, then reduce sauce to a simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary. If too thick add a little plant milk or water.
- Serve Alfredo Sauce over Fettuccine or your favourite pasta. Garnish with a little dried parsley. Enjoy with a simple side salad or vegan caesar salad , green peas, maybe a slice of no knead artisan bread! mmm!!
- I made this sauce in my Nutra Bullet. It was full but it worked really well.
- For more info on Better Than Bouillon Products here is the Link
- For serving I like to add pasta to individual plates and top with sauce.
- Category: Mains, 30 minute vegan recipes, sauces & dressings
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan Alfredo Sauce, vegan fettuccine alfredo, vegan alfredo, fettuccine, alfredo, creamy, rich, easy, pasta, best,