Vegan ‘Chicken’ Salad: seitan, raw crunchy veggies, grapes and apples, tossed with a delicious creamy mayo dressing! Makes a perfect vegan sandwich. Great for a summer potluck too! The Best!
- 227 grams -vegan chicken pieces, chopped (about 1 and 1/2 cups), I use Tofurky Plant Based Chick’n lightly Seasoned
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 red apple, cored and diced, I like gala or fuji
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise, I use Vegenaise
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Optional add ins:
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds or chopped pecans
- Prep and chop the chicken seitan, vegetables, apples and grapes and add them to a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over everything. Mix well. Season with salt and black pepper if needed. Enjoy right away or chill in fridge first.
I enjoy this salad on my no knead artisan bread as a sandwich or tortilla wrap with lettuce for lunch and it’s awesome served with crackers, sliced baguette or garlic bread for a potluck, YUM!!
- this recipe is not gluten free as the seitan contains gluten. If you’re looking for gluten free try my Chickpea Salad Sandwich Recipe.
- Gardein meatless chick’n strips is also great option to use in place of real chicken
- the salad will keep covered in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- the calories are for the chicken salad only and do not include bread, wraps, etc..
Keywords: vegan chicken salad, vegan chicken salad sandwich, seitan, potluck, summer,