Quick and easy with fresh veggies, smashed chickpeas and the best creamy tangy dressing this Chickpea Salad Sandwich is the bomb! Bon Appetit!
My family loves this vegan chickpea salad sandwich recipe. Tastes incredible and is healthy, gluten free and full of protein too and takes 15 minutes to make!! Yay for me?
This chickpea salad mix is a staple in my fridge. It is so versatile, throw it in a wrap, enjoy as a dip with crackers, chips and veggies, or as I’ve done here, make a tasty sandwich!
I’ve even had it for breakfast on toast with “Tofurky hickory smoked deli slices” and tomatoes – say what? hey it was good. haha.
The dill, lemon juice and especially the zest, make this Sandwich next level good! and of course the vegan mayo (vegenaise) and toppings.
Tomatoes were born to be on this sandwich, and the cucumber YUM!
What are the ingredients in the Chickpea Salad Mix?
- red onion
- red pepper
- lemon juice and zest
- chopped pickles and juice
- salt and pepper
- vegan mayonnaise
How do you make a Chickpea Salad sandwich?
Add the chickpeas to a medium bowl
Smash with a potato masher or a fork to consistency you’d like
Add the rest of the ingredients (except bread) and mix well. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Now build your sandwich,
Having said that you can definitely switch it up a bit, for a nuttier flavour add some tahini and or nuts and seeds, add a little cumin for some smokiness, etc,…
So there you go, get prepping and try this delicious veggie sandwich.
These Chickpea Salad Sandwiches are:
packed with protein
Enjoy you Guys! Happy Day?❤️
Please feel free to leave a comment and rating below. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Other Vegan Recipes and salads for you to enjoy:
- Crunch Wrap supreme
- Best Vegan Burger Recipe
- Freezer Friendly Tofu breakfast Burritos
- Cowboy Caviar (AKA Texas Caviar)
- Classic Vegan Coleslaw
- Vegan Potato Salad
Quick and easy with fresh veggies, smashed chickpeas and the best creamy tangy dressing this Chickpea Salad Sandwich is the bomb!
- 1 can of chickpeas, (drained and rinsed)
- zest of one medium lemon
- one medium lemon, (juiced well)
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- one dill pickle, (chopped)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsps dill pickle juice
- 1/4 cup red onion, (diced)
- 1/4 cup red pepper, (diced)
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, ( I like vegenaise)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery, ( one stock)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot, (one small carrot)
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- bread of your choice
OPTIONAL SANDWICH EXTRAS:
- whatever floats your boat
- Add the chickpeas to a medium bowl
- smash with a potato masher or a fork to consistency you’d like, (see notes*)
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the bread and mix well. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Now build your sandwich,
- You can also use your food processor to combine mixture, add chickpeas first, pulse a few times, then add all veggies , pulse a few more times, until you’re happy with the consistency. Then, add to a bowl, with rest of chickpea salad ingredients. Mix well.
- optional add ins: sunflower seeds (salted) and or pumpkin seeds. they add a great crunch and nutty flavour
Keywords: chickpea salad sandwich, chickpea sandwich, easy, healthy, vegan sandwich, chickpea salad, vegan chickpea salad,