Tasty Vegan Tuna Sandwiches – The BEST Recipe!
This healthy and easy tuna free sandwich recipe is perfect for warm weather or any weather! It is so refreshing with all the veggies, dill, vegan mayo (vegenaise) and bright lemon flavours. My hubby loves this tuna free chickpea sandwich, which is a great feat for me👍 although he’d probably prefer a tuna sandwich, lol.
This chickpea vegan tuna salad mix is a staple in my fridge. It is so versatile, throw it in a wrap, as a dip with crackers, chips and veggies, or as I’ve done here, make a tasty sandwich! I’ve even had it for breakfast on toast with “Tofurky hickory smoked deli slices” and tomatoes – say what? hey it was good. haha.
In my opinion the dill, lemon juice and especially the zest, make this Vegan tuna Sandwich Recipe next level good! and of course the vegan mayo (vegenaise) and toppings. Tomatoes were born to be on this sandwich, and the cucumber YUM!
Having said that you can definitely switch it up a bit, for a nuttier flavour add some tahini and or nuts and seeds, add a little cumin for some smokiness, etc,…
Other Recipes you might enjoy:
Crunch Wrap supreme
Best Vegan Burger Recipe
Freezer Friendly Tofu breakfast Burrito
So there you go, get prepping and try this delicious sandwich.
These Tasty Vegan Tuna Sandwiches are:
Enjoy you Guys! Happy Day😊
Please fell free to leave comment below. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Tasty Vegan Tuna Sandwiches – The BEST Recipe! This healthy and easy tuna free sandwich is perfect for warm weather or any weather! It is so refreshing with all the veggies, dill, vegan mayo (vegenaise) and bright lemon flavours.
- can of chickpeas, (drained and rinsed)
- zest of one medium lemon
- one medium lemon, (juiced well)
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- one dill pickle, (chopped)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsps dill pickle juice
- 1/4 cup red onion, (diced)
- 1/4 cup red pepper, (diced)
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo, ( I like vegenaise)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery, ( one stock)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot, (one small carrot)
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried dill
- salt and pepper to taste
OPTIONAL SANDWICH EXTRAS:
- whatever floats your boat
- Add chickpeas to a medium bowl
- Mash with a potato masher to consistency you’d like, (see notes*)
- Add next 11 ingredients, mix well
- Adjust seasonings, (if needed)
- Now build your sandwich,
- You can also use your food processor to combine mixture, add chickpeas first, pulse a few times, then add all veggies , pulse a few more times, until you’re happy with the consistency. Then, add to a bowl, with rest of chickpea salad ingredients. Mix well.
Keywords: chickpea tuna salad, tuna free sandwich, easy, healthy, sandwich, vegan tuna, salad,