My Vegan Coleslaw is a classic recipe, with few ingredients. It’s a quick and easy vegan coleslaw full of crunchy cabbage, apples and the best creamy, tangy dressing. Perfect for your next Bbq or potluck!
- 3 and 1/2 – 4 cups green cabbage, cored and finely sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, cored and finely sliced
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped ( green parts only)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 apple, cored and chopped ( I used Gala)
- 1/4–1/3 cup mixed seeds, (like sunflower and pumpkin seeds) (optional)
- dressing ingredients:
- 1/3 cup Vegan mayonnaise ( I use Vegenaise)
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside
- Add the finely sliced green and red cabbage, grated carrot, chopped apples, green onions and parsley, and seeds ( if using) to a large bowl.
- Pour in the dressing and mix everything until combined. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Great side salad perfect for a potluck or Bbq! Try it with my Vegan Burger or Vegan Tuna sandwiches ?
- Will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days
- You can substitute equivalent amount of bagged coleslaw for the cabbage and carrots if you like.
- Nutritional Chart was calculated without the mixed seeds.
Keywords: vegan coleslaw, classic vegan coleslaw, classic, creamy, tangy, tart, best, easy, quick, apples, apple cider vinegar, healthy, cabbage, salad,