Vegan Meatballs! My vegetarian take on ground beef meatballs made with impossible meat! 15 Minute prep time! Juicy meaty won’t fall apart veggie balls taste beyond DELICIOUS and no one will believe are vegan! Seriously the best plant based meatball recipe you will make and so EASY! Nut free, easily gluten free.
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 2 packages Impossible burger (340g/12 oz each), can sub 1 pkg for beyond meat Italian sausage mild or hot casings removed
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce, I like Wizard's or Annie's
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional but tasty)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or use a mix of dried oregano and basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion (powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs and vegan plant milk. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the rest of ingredients, Now add in the breadcrumb/milk mixture. Mix everything together well.
- Roll into balls about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons each. I use my small cookie scoop to measure. Place on prepared sheet pan and space evenly. (makes 40 meatballs)
- Bake for 11 minutes. Enjoy with your favourite sauce (marinara or mushroom gravy), pasta and dairy free parmesan or serve as appetizers with dipping sauce! For step by step photos see above post.
- To store: will keep covered in fridge for 4-5 days and freeze well, Once cooked and cooled place on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to a plastic freezer bag and keep them frozen for up to a couple of months. Add frozen or thawed right to your sauces, soups, or stews and simmer until warmed through.
- For gluten free: use gluten free Panko breadcrumbs
- Vegan Worcestershire Sauce: could substitute Braggs, Tamari or soya sauce regular or lite. (I recommend using lite or it might be too salty) I like recipe best as written tough!
- Category: Mains
- Method: Bake/Oven
- Cuisine: Italian, American, Canadian
Keywords: vegan meatballs, impossible meatballs, vegan meatball recipe,