Vegan Meatballs! My vegetarian take on ground beef meatballs made with impossible meat! Juicy meaty won’t fall apart veggie balls that taste beyond DELICIOUS and no one will believe are vegan! Seriously the best plant based meatball recipe you will make and so EASY! 15 Minute prep time! Nut free, easily gluten free.
And there are no lentils, mushrooms, tofu, tempeh, beans, flax eggs or chickpeas needed!
These vegan meatballs whip up in minutes just like the classic Italian recipe made with hamburger and then baked to perfection. and I’d say they’re Healthier, better for you and just as tasty!
The perfect staple for any kitchen with Impossible meat as the main ingredient. Mmm spaghetti and meatballs with marinara & parmesan anyone… or Swedish meatballs, soups, casseroles, even for dippers and appetizers too! So versatile!
This is one simple but exceptional meatless meatball recipe! And you’ll fool the hardiest of carnivores too! Not kidding!
Make ahead and freeze for a super quick and easy meal any weeknight! Just drop them frozen or thawed into your favourite jarred or homemade sauce, simmer and your good to go! It feeds a crowd so you might want to freeze half!
We’ve had impossible burger at our local Safeway in Canada for a couple of months now and I’m so glad I found it, I’m obsessed with this product! I’ve already made meatloaf (first time using and so incredible). I mean who knew vegan meat could taste so real!!
I cannot wait to make more impossible burger recipes- vegan tacos, meat sauce, oh Italian meatball soup, mmm and so much more!
These are better than any store bought variety you can buy like Gardein, Yyes, Trader joes, etc... and tastier than Ikea meatballs and convenient because you can make your own meat free meatball sandwich without leaving your house to go to subway! Yay!! Win Win! (I made some last night😋)
So if you’ve been missing your Mom’s homemade meatballs and want to make an amazing vegan meal that will please and impress everyone, this is your recipe! Says me😊 Meat eaters won’t have a clue that it’s vegan!
Wonderful to serve anytime of the year, October, January or even in the summer! Everyone will love and devour them!
Ingredients & substitutions for vegan meatballs:
- Impossible Burger: this is the vegan ‘ground beef’. You can also use beyond meat or sausage.
- Panko breadcrumbs and plant milk: mixed together this is the traditional way to add moisture to meatballs. Sometimes onions are added but I felt they were not needed. Can substitute veggie stock or water for plant milk.
- Vegan Worcestershire Sauce: adds amazing flavour and is common in some meatball recipes just make sure it’s vegan before purchasing. Here is a link to two of my favourite brands HERE & HERE. Could sub Braggs, Tamari or soya sauce regular or lite (I would use lite). I like recipe best as written tough!
- Fresh garlic: a little goes a long way in this recipe but is so good!
- Herbs and spices: fresh parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning, fennel, granulated onion and salt and pepper
- Nutritional yeast: adds nice cheesy element (optional)
- For gluten free: use gluten free Panko breadcrumbs
How to make the best vegan meatballs:
This meatball recipe is so simple you won't believe it!
- Preheat oven to 425° Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs and vegan plant milk. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the rest of ingredients, Now add in the breadcrumb/milk mixture. Mix everything together well.
- Roll into balls about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons each. I use my small cookie scoop to measure. Place on prepared sheet pan and space evenly.
- Bake for 11 minutes. Enjoy with your favourite sauce (marinara or other), pasta and dairy free parmesan or serve as appetizers with dipping sauce! For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below.
How to freeze meatballs:
- Once cooked and cooled, these meatballs can be frozen for quick meals on busy weekdays! Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to a plastic freezer bag and keep them frozen for up to a couple of months.
These meatless meatballs are:
- juicy, meaty and amazing!
- protein rich
- the best!
- so EASY!!
- savoury & satisfying
- best comfort food
- perfect pasta dish with spaghetti noodles and marinara any night of the week
Enjoy you guys! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Want more vegan meat recipes? Check these out:
- Best Vegan Meatloaf
- Vegan Steak Recipe (Seitan)
- Crazy Good Vegan Shepherd’s Pie (AKA Cottage Pie)
- Vegan Turkey
- Vegetarian Salsbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy (Meatball version)