Vegan Waffles! Easy waffle recipe with the best flavour! Hearty, Fluffy & crispy! The house made waffle mix is easy to whip up in 1 bowl! Ready for your waffle maker! Eggless, dairy free, oil free! Gluten free option too!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 banana ( overripe if you have one)
- 1 can coconut milk ( not cream )
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups All purpose flour or Gluten free flour (I like Robin Hood Brand or Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 and 3/4 tsp baking powder
How to make vegan waffles:
- Add your peeled banana to a large mixing bowl, mash it well with a fork
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well
- Now add the dry ingredients on top starting with the flour. Whisk until smooth
- Cook in your Waffle Iron
- With my waffle maker it makes about 6 good size waffles
- Enjoy with maple syrup and my Macerated Strawberries Recipe and or fresh fruit. For more protein serve with my tofu bacon or tofu scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes! Super delicious!
- These waffles freeze beautifully, just pop in toaster from frozen or reheat in microwave.
- If your waffle mix is to thick add little plant milk (I like almond milk), too thin add little flour.
- I have not tested this recipe with whole wheat flour but assume it would be fine!
- I peel and freeze my overripe bananas whole, I just defrost on counter or in microwave, add to recipe.
- Category: Breakfast/Baking, Gluten free, 30 Minute Vegan Recipes
- Method: waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American, Canadian, Vegan
Keywords: vegan waffles, fluffy vegan waffles, vegan waffles apple sauce, easy vegan waffles, vegan waffles recipe, waffles, quick, delicious, everyday, best, vegan, healthy, oil free vegan waffles,