You’ll love my vegan substitute for real parmesan cheese! 6 ingredients and five minutes to make the BEST Vegan Parmesan Cheese Recipe! Easy, cheesy and tasty!
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, roasted and salted (I buy mine roasted and salted)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor: raw cashews, nutritional yeast, sunflower seeds, and seasonings. Process until it has a fine mealy texture (much like parmesan), which takes no time at all. That’s it! Enjoy!
- Wonderful sprinkled on so many things like popcorn, vegan mac and cheese, bolognese, spaghetti and meat balls, mushroom and spinach pasta, tofu scramble, soups, mashed potatoes, caesar salad, fettuccini alfredo, to name a few!
- For nut free version (without cashews): substitute 1/2 a cup of hemp seeds and 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds (pepitas) for the cashews.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge where it will keep for 3-4 weeks!
Keywords: vegan parmesan, vegan cheese, best, vegan parmesan cheese, easy, cheesy, nutty,