This Simple Vegan Mac and Cheese recipe is THE BEST EVER, made with cashews, Daiya cheese and nutritional yeast. The flavours will blow you away, so cheesy, creamy, not to thick and easily gluten free. Honestly this kicks butt on the dairy version, hands down! I’ve included the Baked Vegan Mac and Cheese as well as stove top version.
THERE ARE A TON OF VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE RECIPES!!
So yes there are a ton of Vegan Mac and Cheese recipes out there but none are made by lil old me! – so I thought I’d share 😊 I’m pretty partial to mine, and you will be too! It’s so delicious.
My family loves my Vegan Mac and Cheese. I like to make the quick stove top version (my fav) for lunch when my granddaughters are over, and I tend to make the Baked version more of a meal and serve at dinner time with a light salad and garlic bread, yum They are both super easy! You’re basically just adding some tasty breadcrumbs to the baked version and tossing it in the oven.
HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE VEGAN MAC AND CHEESE:
Really easy guys! Soak the cashews in boiling water, 5-10 minutes, drain and add to Nutra bullet with water, blend until smooth. Now add the cashew cream and the rest of ingredients to a pot. Cook on medium heat until the cheese is melted. Add your cooked noodles, mix it all together. There you go lunch is ready, YUM!
FOR BAKED VERSION:
To bake the Mac and Cheese add the Mac and Cheese to a lightly greased casserole dish, cover with your bread topping and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. (My bread topping consists of panko bread crumbs, nutritional yeast, vegan butter, and miso)
Ok kids let’s get this Vegan Mac and Cheese party started! I love this SIMPLE Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipe, it’s:
Easily gluten free
My grandkids favourite
A great Family meal
Enjoy you Guys. Happy Day😊 Feel free to comment below and rate this recipe. I’d love to hear from you!
Here’s some of my other recipes you might like:
Best Vegan Chickpea Tuna Sandwich
Chinese Vegetable chow Mein
Crunch Wrap supreme
This Ultimate dairy free, Simple Vegan Mac and Cheese recipe is THE BEST EVER, made with cashews, Daiya cheese and nutritional yeast. The flavours will blow you away, so cheesy, creamy, not to thick and easily gluten free.
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews & 1/2 cup water
- 2 and 3/4 cups unsweetened Cashew milk
- 1/2 cup Nutritional yeast
- 1 block medium cheddar Daiya cheese, 200 grams (grated)
- 1 tsp “Better Than Bouillon Seasoned Vegetable Base“
- 2-3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Braggs or Lite Tamari
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 and 1/4 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
BREAD TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 and 1/2 cups bread crumbs reg or gluten free ( I like Panko)
- 2 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp miso ( optional see notes*)
- 3 tbsps vegan butter, (melted)
- Add cashews to a soup bowl and cover with boiling water, and let sit for 5 minutes or so. drain the cashews and add to your Nutra bullet , with the 1/2 cup of water , blend till smooth.
- Now add the cashew cream and the rest of the sauce ingredients ( not noodles) to a medium sauce pot and cook uncovered over medium heat, stirring until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. I usually let it simmer for a minute and then remove from heat.
- While sauce is cooking cook your pasta according to package instructions. Don’t overcook, and if you are baking the pasta make sure to undercook the noodles by at least a minute.
- Drain your noodles and add to the sauce, stir and Enjoy!!
FOR BAKED VERSION:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- For the breadcrumb mixture: Combine the melted butter and miso seperately, then add to the breadcrumbs and nutritional yeast. Mix by hand
- Lightly grease a 2 & 1/2 or 3 quart casserole dish, add the Mac and cheese. spread the bread crumb topping evenly over the noodles.
- Bake 350° uncovered for 15 minutes. If you’d like the top of the casserole browner broil for a minute or two, just watch it browns really fast! Check out my photos. I removed mine just in time😊
- If you don’t have miso, no biggy, just add a pinch of salt instead
- Nutritional chart does not include bread topping
- I love topping my Mac and Cheese with Franks Buffalo sauce!! So good!😊
- Check out some of my other tasty recipes
- Best Vegan Chickpea Tuna Sandwich
- Chinese Vegetable Chow Mein
- Crunch Wrap
- If you’d like to purchase straight cut macaroni noodles you can find them here
- Catelli Brand also sells the straight cut but you can’t always find them in the store, that is what I used.
Keywords: vegan mac and cheese, cashews, baked, easy, best, gluten free, daiya cheese, nutritional yeast, simple,