Easy vegan ramen ready in 5 minutes made with instant noodles and homemade seasoning. So GOOD!! No flavour packet needed! It’s my go to quick and easy vegetarian noodle bowl!! And soon to be yours to…
What is Ramen?
Ramen is a popular Japanese noodle soup. That consists of Chinese wheat noodles served in a meat, fish based, or vegetable broth and usually flavoured with miso paste or soy sauce, you can add various veggies, toppings like green onions, tofu, egg, meat and sometimes nori
This Vegan Ramen noodle soup recipe is totally inspired by my Sweet & Spicy Garlic Noodles. I love them so much I had to give it a new spin!
It’s an incredibly simple soup to prepare and the vegan ramen broth tastes fantastic, perfectly seasoned with a spicy kick!
You boil noodles add to bowl with the sauce, mix it up and devour as is or add optional veggies, tofu or whatever floats your boat and voila- lunch is ready! Try this vegan ramen recipe once and you'll be hooked!
The first time I made this ramen soup back in January I wrote down the recipe and then got so busy I haven't posted it until now but have made it numerous times since then! about 5 haha!
My daughter just made it last night and added some dried shiitake mushrooms, baby corn, used up some leftover roasted sweet potato from the fridge, stirred in a wee bit of soy milk for creaminess and topped with toasted sesame seeds - uh YUM! She says my grandson loved it❤️
She actually had a favourite ramen restaurant close by where she used to live, so she has great ideas for recipes!
Ingredients needed for vegan ramen:
- Instant ramen noodles: you can buy them everywhere, make sure it’s vegan (a lot are) - just read the label.
- Vegetable stock (broth): I use better than bouillon vegetarian soup base ‘no beef’ or ‘no chicken’ flavour. This is a must for that Umami (which means “essence of deliciousness” in Japanese😊)
- Spices: garlic and onion powder
- Chili garlic sauce: gives a bit of heat and depth of flavour to the dish, my go to sauce for spice!
- Sesame oil: adds distinctive asian flare
- Tamari: adds perfect saltiness can sub soya sauce , regular or lite or Braggs Liquid aminos
- Green onions: for topping soup- important element!
- Optional veggies and protein: mushrooms, Bok Choy, tofu, broccoli, etc…
How to make Easy Vegan Ramen:
- Cook noodles according to package instructions with the 2 cups of water. Don’t overcook 2-3 minutes is usually good. The noodles will continue to cook in the bowl.
- While ramen is cooking add seasonings to your soup bowl: bouillon, chili garlic sauce, sesame oil and spices.
- Pour cooked noodles into bowl stir with a fork or chopsticks, top with green onions and enjoy! Add any cooked veggies and or vegan protein you like! For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are any ramen noodles vegan?
- Yes some brands are vegan like: Nissin Top Ramen, Mr Noodles, Lotus is a good one and healthy. I’m sure a lot more are too! Just check the label and if your not using the flavour packet there’s a good chance the noodles are!
Are vegan ramen noodles unhealthy?
- A lot of the instant noodles are not the healthiest but there are some brands that are better for you and lower in sodium! Do what I do- ditch the ramen seasoning packet and make your own sauce
You’ll love this vegan ramen soup, it’s:
- ready in 5 minutes!
- Healthy-ish 😂
- super Easy to prepare
- easily gluten free
- dairy free
- egg free
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Want more asian noodle recipes? Check these out!
- Oriental Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe With Asian Dressing
- Sweet & Spicy Garlic Noodles
- Vegan Ramen Soup (Sweet, Sour & Spicy!)
- Best Teriyaki Noodles with Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- Best Peanut Noodles Ever!
- Easy Vegan Pad Thai