This Vegan Chocolate Cake is my families favourite dessert! Fudgy yet light with a super moist crumb and topped with the best dairy free chocolate ganache! So good it’s sinful! It’ll become your go to cake recipe too!
This is one of the most Ultimate and Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipes my friends. So So Tasty! Perfect for any holiday or occasion, birthday, Easter, Xmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day or just because? Who woulda thunk it right! a vegetarian cake with no eggs and no dairy that tastes totally divine!
Yup it’s honestly way better than a basic chocolate cake recipe and not much harder than a cake mix! I’ll take a piece of cake- Please and thank you and don’t come near me I’m not sharing , lol❤️
THIS MAKES THE BEST VEGAN BIRTHDAY CAKE!
My birthday was in the middle of November– Yes I made the Best vegan chocolate birthday cake ever! (but I didn’t do the decorations my daughters did, yay for me!) – Hey full confession, (if you haven’t guessed by now☺️) I love cooking and baking.
“It’s The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake In The World” (according to my hubby- Bless him❤️) I’ll agree it’s one excellent Cake Recipe! My family adores this dessert. It was enjoyed by all! Keep scrolling for the recipe!!
Now just to be clear this is one indulgent chocolate dessert recipe, it’s not fat free, gluten free or oil free. Hey we all have to let loose once awhile!
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE:
In a large mixing bowl pour the boiling water over chocolate pieces, then add the cocoa (the boiling water “blooms the cocoa” brings out the full chocolate flavour) Mix it well, then add the “buttermilk mixture” and the rest of wet ingredients, give it all a whisk.
Now add the dry ingredients. Whisk the cake batter till smooth. Pour the batter into prepared cake pans and bake. It’s that easy!
TO MAKE THE DAIRY FREE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
Heat coconut cream on stove top or in microwave, add to the chocolate along with the cocoa and vanilla. Stir until smooth. refrigerate until set. Ice your cooled cakes, and enjoy! Check out full recipe card below.
IS DARK CHOCOLATE VEGAN?
The question you hear a lot. The answer is “No not always”, you have to check the label. It’s that simple, some dark chocolate contains whey or other milk products.
THAT’S IT FOLKS:
Now go check your chocolate supply, we have a cake to bake!
This Vegan Chocolate cake recipe is:
Moist & fudgy
A winning recipe
The best vegan birthday cake
Quick & easy
the ultimate vegan chocolate fudge cake
Enjoy you Guys! Happy day to you! Feel free to leave a comment and a star rating below. I’d love to hear from you.
WANT MORE EASY VEGAN DESSERTS? CHECK THESE OUT!Print
This vegan chocolate cake is my families favourite dessert! Fudgy yet light with a super moist crumb and topped with the best dairy free chocolate ganache. So good it’s sinful! It’ll become your go to cake recipe too!
WET INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- 1 cup unsweetened non dairy milk, I like cashew, soy or almond milk
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 200 grams dark chocolate, broken up, I use 2 Great Value dark chocolate bars from Walmart (Canada) or the equivalent of dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil plus 1 tbsp ( I use grape seed oil)
DRY INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, I use Demerara sugar
- 2 tsp instant coffee powder, reg or decaf ( espresso powder)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
CHOCOLATE GANACHE ICING:
- 350 Grams dark chocolate, broken up, I use Great value dark chocolate from Walmart (Canada) or the equivalent of dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 (400 ml) (14 fl oz) can coconut cream (not milk), I use Savoy brand from Walmart
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° Lightly grease 2- 9 inch round non stick cake pans. I also line my pans with parchment paper rounds and lightly grease them.
- In a soup bowl add the plant milk and vinegar, this is your “Buttermilk mixture”, stir and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the dry ingredients and stir to combine, set aside
- In a large mixing bowl add the chocolate pieces, and boiling water, let sit for a minute. Now add the cocoa powder and whisk it until smooth. Then add in rest of “Wet Ingredients” including “Buttermilk mixture”, whisk it until it’s combined.
- Next add the dry ingredients and whisk until it’s smooth. Do not over mix.
- Pour the cake batter into your 2 prepared baking pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean or with a few crumbs. Cool the cakes in pans for 10-15 then remove cakes from pans and cool completely on racks before icing.
- Dairy free Chocolate ganache: Add chocolate pieces to a large DRY mixing bowl,
- Heat the coconut cream on stove until hot, don’t let it simmer. Pour the cream over chocolate mixture. Let it sit for a minute then add the cocoa and vanilla. Whisk it until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, whisking after 30 minutes. If the icing seems to soft after 1 hour leave it in the fridge and check every 15 minutes until you have a good consistency.
- Ice the cake: Once cake is completely cool, frost the cake! Enjoy!
- You can use any unsweetned plant milk you like, soy for nut free, etc.. (soy milk curdles the best for ‘buttermilk’)
- I bake my cakes for 35 minutes
- If you leave icing in fridge for to long, just remove to counter until spreadable.
- If wanting cupcakes bake for 20- 25 minutes
- I use Great value dark chococlate bars from Walmart (Canada) for a lot of my dessert recipes. They are excellent quality and super affordable.
- I wouldn’t use a really dark chocolate for this recipe or your icing won’t be sweet enough.
- The cake does not take on any coffee flavour from the instant coffee, it just adds a richness to the cake. I highly recommend adding it.
- Prep time doesn’t include cooling time for cakes or chilling time for icing.
Keywords: best vegan chocolate cake, vegan birthday cake recipe, vegan cake, vegan desserts, vegan cake recipes, moist, best, easy, fudgy, decadent, vegan cake mix, vegan icing, vegan frosting, easy vegan desserts, vegetarian cake, winner, vegan cupcakes, vegan chocolate fudge cake, perfect, ultimate, decadent,