Sopa De Fideo is an incredibly quick and simple, but super flavourful Mexican Noodle Soup recipe, ready in 15 minutes. You’ll love my vegan version with Rotel tomatoes, green chilies, herbs, spices and fideo noodles simmered in a delicious vegetable broth. Everyone will be licking their bowls.
This slightly spicy Mexican Vegetable Noodle Soup is quite popular in my house, and Grandkid approved.👍 Sopa De Fideo Soup is traditionally made with a tomato and chicken based broth and toasted fideo noodles. I’ve switched it up a bit and put my vegan spin on it. It’s a perfect meal anytime or if your starving, in a hurry and want a comforting bowl of soup. I always seem to have the ingredients on hand. Gotta love that!
What Are Fideo Noodles:
There’s something so comforting about small noodles, right? I think for me it takes me back to childhood, eating salty Lipton chicken noodle soup. It was my favourite soup. My Mom used to cook extra noodles when she made it for me and add milk if it was to hot, sound familiar.😊
Now don’t worry if you can’t find fideo noodles, they’re basically a short cut vermicelli noodle. You can use vermicelli, spaghettini ( my favourite) or spaghetti noodles for this recipe, just break the noodles into, (roughly) one inch pieces before cooking.
What Makes the Sopa De Fideo Broth So Darn Tasty?
It all starts with Vegetarian Better Than Bouillon soup base. I can’t say enough about this product. I love it. It adds so much depth of flavour to any soups, stews or sauces. For broth you just mix the bouillon with water and you have an instant amazing soup stock.
For this Sopa De Fideo Recipe I used Better Than Bouillon Vegetarian No Chicken Soup Base. There are 5 vegan varieties that I know of, veggie, chicken, beef, roasted garlic and a organic vegetable oil free variety.
How to Make 15 Minute Sopa De Fideo:
Start by adding the onion, garlic, half the tomatoes and chilies to your Nutra bullet or blender with a cup of the veggie stock. Give it a whirl until smooth. Now add the veggie puree and the rest of the soup ingredients, except cilantro to your soup pot. Stir and bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 8-10 minutes until the noodles are cooked. Remove from heat, stir in fresh cilantro and serve. It’s such a rich and flavourful noodle soup.
Ok go check your pasta situation we have a soup to make😊
You’ll love this Mexican Noodle Soup it’s:
Full of noodles
Easily gluten free
Enjoy you Guys😊 Happy day! Feel free to leave comment and star rating below . I would love to hear from you.
Other Mexican recipes you might like:
Sopa De Fideo is an incredibly quick and simple, but super flavourful Mexican Noodle Soup recipe ready in 15 minutes. You’ll love my vegan version with Rotel tomatoes, green chilies, herbs, spices and fideo noodles simmered in a delicious vegetable broth. You’ll be licking your bowl.
- 7 cups Water
- 2 and 1/2 tbsps Better than Bouillon Vegetarian No Chicken soup Base ( there is an organic no oil variety available but only the vegetable flavour) probably tasty😊
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and rough chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 can (284 ml) Rotel tomatoes & green chilies, I use the mild variety
- 1 can (127 ml) chopped green chilies
- 1 and 3/4 cup Fideo Noodles, I use vermicelli or spaghettini noodles, broken into roughly one inch pieces.
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsps or more chopped cilantro ( optional)
- lime wedges for serving ( optional)
- Add water and bouillon to your soup pot/Dutch Oven ( at least 4-5 qt) and whisk to combine
- Next add the garlic, chopped onion and half the Rotel tomatoes and half the green chilies, plus one cup of the veggie stock from your soup pot- to your Nutra bullet or Blender. Blend till smooth.
- Now add the veggie puree, rest of canned tomatoes and chilies and rest of soup ingredients (except cilantro and lime) to your soup pot . Stir and Bring the soup to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook 8-10 minutes or until noodles are done.
- Remove from heat stir in fresh cilantro if using. Serve with lime wedges if desired.
- Feel free to puree all the tomatoes and chilies for the soup. I just like a little texture in my soup so I left some as is.
- For gluten free just add gluten free noodles😊
Keywords: Sopa De Fideo, Mexican Noodle soup, fideo Noodles, ready in 15 minutes,