OK Folks you are going to want this Chinese 5 Spice Stir-Fry sauce on everything! It’s delicious, addicting and did I mention fast and easy!
I love pairing this sauce with my Veggie Chow Mien. they are a match made in heaven, I’m telling yah!
If you’re making this sauce to go with a Stir Fry then just mix everything in a bowl and add to the pan towards the end of cooking. Cook for a few minutes with your Stir Fry so the sauce thickens. Done!
To make sauce for later use, add all ingredients to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for a minute or two, until sauce thickens. Presto! Cool on counter then store in fridge.
I love the depth of flavour and richness from the Black Bean Garlic Sauce , and the five spice gives it that slight licorice, cinnamon flavour that is so familiar in some asian recipes. It’s a winner👍
This sauce is amazing with my Veggie Chow Mein. Give it a go.
I love this sauce, it’s:
Easily gluten free
Enjoy you GuysF! Happy Day😊
Feel free to comment below. Feedback is greatly appreciated!
This Chinese 5 Spice Stir-Fry Sauce is delicious and addicting, you will want it on everything!
- 3/4 cup veggie broth, (see notes*)
- 2 tsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Tamari, ( I like the” Lite gluten free Tamari”)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 to 2 tsp Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar,
- 1/2 tsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp five spice
- 2 tsp cornstarch
TO ADD TO STIR FRY:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Add to stir fry for the last couple of minutes of cooking, so sauce can thicken
- Mix all ingredients in small sauce pan
- Bring to a boil , simmer for 1 to 2 minutes
- Let cool on counter, then in fridge
- For Gluten Free option, use rice noodles, gluten free soba noodles, or other of your choice.
- There is a gluten free Black Bean Sauce available here
- for Veggie broth I use 1 tsp “Better than Bouillon No Chicken Soup Base” mixed with 3/4 cup water
- pair this sauce with my Veggie Chow Mein!👍
- Nutritional chart below does not include Black Bean Sauce