This is Hands Down, The BEST Authentic Chinese Vegetable Chow Mein Recipe ( in my humble opinion😏). It’s so much tastier than Panda Express take out, better for you and so fast and easy!
When I think Chinese Chow Mein I think noodles and cabbage. Honestly I sometimes make it with just those two ingredients, well and mushrooms too- if they’re kicking around in the fridge, I LOVE me some mushrooms!
OK LETS TALK CHOW MEIN NOODLES:
My favourite for this Vegetable Chow Mien are Spaghettini, followed by dried Chow Mein noodles (no egg), and I also like medium rice stick noodles.
Under cooking and chilling your noodles is key for Chow Mein. Take the noodles out at least 2 minutes early, they should still have a good bite to them. Drain noodles and add to cold water. This will stop the cooking process. Trust me this parts important. Who wants mushy noodles, No Siree not me.
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE CHOW MEIN:
The rest of the Stir Fry is pretty straightforward . Prep the veg, fry it up, add my delicious 5 Spice Stir-Fry sauce! YUM! Add your noodles, cook for a couple of minutes. Garnish with some green onions and sesame seeds if you wish.Then Slurp em up. You’ll be amazed at how easy and delicious this Vegetarian Chow Mein Recipe is. I always make an extra batch of my amazing Stir fry Sauce, and cook it separately on the stove top.I love having the extra sauce in the fridge for left overs or just for extra saucy goodness on my Chow Mein.
THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS!
Start shredding some cabbage.
This Chinese Vegetable Chow Mein Recipe is:
So darn tasty
Full of veggies
Easily gluten free
Enjoy you Guys! Happy Day😊
Feel free to comment below. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Check out Vegetarian Chow Mein Recipe VIDEO below👍
This is Hands Down the Best Authentic Chinese Vegetable Chow Mein Recipe ( in my humble opinion😏). It’s so much tastier than Panda Express takeout, better for you and so fast and easy!
- 1 tbsp oil, ( I use grapeseed)
- 300 grams uncooked noodles,( around 3/4 lb) I love spaghettini for this.
- 3 cups cabbage, (thinly sliced or shredded)
- 2 cups mushrooms, (sliced)
- 1/3 cup white onion, ( sliced)
- 1/3 cup grated carrot, ( one small carrot)
- 1/3 red peppers, ( sliced)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup green onions, (sliced on diagonal)
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- 1 recipe 5 Spice Stir-Fry Sauce
- Cook noodles according to instructions, minus 2 minutes or so(see Notes*)
- Drain , add to cold water bath, drain, add little oil to noodles to keep from sticking. Set aside
- Add oil to large non stick skillet, on medium/high heat. Let oil heat up for a minute, then add your white onions and mushrooms. Saute for a minute or two.
- Add cabbage continue to cook, until cabbage has lost its volume, about 2-3 minutes. Turn down heat if necessary.
- Add rest of vegetables, reserving some green onion for garnish (Optional) and cook for another 3-5 minutes or so.
- Add Stir Fry Sauce and noodles , cook for another minute or two, until everything is heated through and sauce has thickened .
- Garnish with some sliced green onions and sesame seeds of using.
- Dig In!
- I would just like to emphasize the importance of under cooking the noodles, because they will continue to cook in the stir fry. I like to remove noodles, when they still have a good bite to them, drain and add to cold water immediately, No dilly dallying 😳
- Nutritional chart below does not include 5 Spice Stir-fry Sauce
Keywords: Panda Express, vegetable chow mein, easy, best, authentic, Chinese, noodles, chow mein,