Vegan coconut loaf cake! A delicious & easy 1 bowl dairy free eggless pound cake that’s super moist with simple coconut cream glaze. A truly lovely spring dessert perfect for any holiday or celebration, Easter, Christmas you name it!
I’ve got the Best Vegan Coconut Loaf Recipe people! It’s to die for!
I love baking quick and easy sweet breads and my vegan coconut loaf is such a simple coconut bread, light fluffy full of coconut flavour. I adapted this cake recipe from my lemon loaf which is really tasty spring treat as is my carrot cake too!
And who doesn’t like one bowl recipes- says me! am I right!! they're the best!
This coconut loaf is perfect for when you’re craving cake and are too lazy to make a layer cake. I love fuss free cakes and this one is so yummy with a cup of tea. Healthy- uh no! Indulgent -yes! 😊 I'm quite sure my family loved it. It was made then devoured in no time haha! Oh about 30 minutes I'd say.
-and if you want it for breakfast leave off the frosting! Ok let’s get to it…
Ingredients & Substitutions:
- flour: I use all purpose flour. Have not tested with any other: gluten free, coconut flour etc...
- white sugar
- vegan yogurt: adds moisture, great egg replacer, could sub unsweetened apple sauce
- plant milk: I use plain oat milk but can certainly use canned coconut milk.
- oil: I prefer oil rather than room temperature butter. I used gapeseed oil but olive oil works too! Have not tested with coconut oil
- vanilla and coconut extract, vinegar
- Salt and baking powder
- Frosting: coconut cream (full fat from top of coconut milk in can), powdered sugar, extract flavourings, lemon juice and pinch of salt, that’s it! No cream cheese frosting needed, this is a very simple tasty glaze!
- Coconut: For sprinkling on top of frosting. You can use sweetened or unsweetened, desiccated coconut, coconut flakes, shredded, toasted or regular. All great choices! Usually available at your local grocery store
How to make coconut loaf cake:
- Preheat oven to 350° grease a non stick 9x5 loaf pan with cooking oil spray or vegan butter. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the wet ingredients: oil, yogurt, plant milk, sugar, vinegar and extracts.
- Add the flour to the top. Sprinkle baking powder and salt over flour. Whisk everything together until fully combined. Do not over mix. Pour the cake batter into your prepared loaf pan
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. If you find it getting to brown tent it with foil for the last 10 minutes. (I've never had to do that but ovens can vary)
- Remove to cooling rack. Let sit for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan. Cool completely
- Whisk glaze ingredients together in a bowl. If too thick add more cream, too thin add more sugar.
- Spoon glaze evenly over top of cake letting excess drizzle down sides. Sprinkle the top with coconut. Allow frosting set for 15-25 minutes. Enjoy! For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below
Can this cake be frozen?
- will keep covered on counter or fridge up to 4 days and yes it freezes well without the frosting. I recommend freezing it whole, wrapped in cling wrap, then tin foil. But of course can portion as well.
- Don’t over mix the batter
- Grease your non stick pan well
- check the dates on your baking powder and baking soda to ensure they're fresh and not expired and measure accurately.
- don't take the cake out early it needs to bake for the full allotted time
- tent with foil towards end of baking if you feel cake is getting too brown. ( I never need to )
- FYI-This loaf tastes even better the next day if that’s possible!
You'll love this coconut loaf recipe it's:
- super moist
- so tasty
- easy peasy
- full of coconut flavour
- made in 1 bowl!
- wonderful simple spring dessert
- nice for breakfast without the frosting!
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
More vegan sweet bread recipes:
- Best and Easiest Vegan Banana Bread
- 1 Bowl Vegan Lemon Loaf with Lemon Drizzle (Starbucks Copycat)
- Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread