These Delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins are perfect for breakfast, brunch or a tasty snack. An easy vegan muffin recipe that’s packed with juicy fresh strawberries and rhubarb and sprinkled with a cinnamon sugar topping!
These muffins are sweet and tangy with a moist and tender crumb! and yes they are egg and dairy free too! and trust me know one would know the difference!
I have beautiful ripe rhubarb in my yard right now, so I thought it was high time I veganized my rhubarb muffin recipe. And I couldn’t resist adding strawberries (I think that’s a no brainer, lol)
Say hello to my new favourite springtime fruit muffin recipe!! Soon to be yours too, I bet!
What makes these Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins light, airy and moist?
The texture of these muffins is bang on! No dry muffins here folks!! Thanks to the addition of yogurt.
- Yogurt adds a lightness, creaminess and tang to the muffins and the acidity in the yogurt also reacts with the baking soda and creates bubbles in the batter that make your muffins light and fluffy.
Can you freeze Rhubarb?
- Absolutely! I like to chop or dice the fresh rhubarb (depending on recipe I will use it in later) and freeze on a parchment lined baking tray. Once frozen, I portion the rhubarb into 1 cup amounts and freeze in baggies. It will keep in the freezer for up to 1 year.
Can you use frozen rhubarb in baking recipes?
- Yes you can! Take out amount you need for recipe (measure while frozen), thaw and drain over a colander. You do not need to press out the excess liquid.
Can you freeze muffins?
- Yes you can! Once completely cool wrap muffins individually in plastic wrap and or add to a large freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
How to make Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 375° and lightly grease a non stick 12 cup muffin pan or use cupcake liners, your choice. (I prefer all muffin recipes without cupcake liners)
- Prep your rhubarb and strawberries, and make the cinnamon sugar topping in a small bowl, set everything aside.
- Now mix all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Next add all the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and whisk to combine, adding the hot water last.
- Add the strawberries and rhubarb and the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Evenly divide the muffin batter between the 12 muffin cups, sprinkle each muffin with ½-1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, sugar mixture
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. My muffins usually bake for the full 25 minutes, but ovens temperatures can vary.
- Cool in muffin tins for a couple of minutes and then remove muffins to a cooling rack. Serve warm with vegan butter
Muffins will keep covered on counter for up to 3 days. For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below.
Ok let's make some Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins, they're:
moist and delicious
full of fruit
perfect spring and summer snack
great breakfast or brunch idea
Enjoy guys! Happy day to you? feel free to leave a comment and a rating below. I would love to hear from you.
Here are some more tasty Vegan Breakfast and Snack Ideas for you:Print