How to make the BEST Vegan French Toast! You will not believe this French Toast is vegan! Tastes better than the classic recipe and there’s no eggs or dairy! Crispy fluffy exterior, flavourful moist centre! Read in 20 minutes! Easily Gluten free!
My husband was never fond of French toast. He could never understand the concept of dipping bread in eggs and frying it for breakfast.
I on the other hand loved it . But can’t say I’m missing out! This eggless vegan french toast is better. So I’m pretty happy!
My hubby is pretty thrilled to. He absolutely loves this French toast and says this is just how it should always be made period!! Lol!
What are the ingredients in Vegan French Toast and how to make it:
The batter for the French bread consists of tofu, plant milk, nutritional yeast, little black salt (for that slight eggy flavour), cinnamon, salt, maple syrup, little corn starch to thicken slightly and baking powder for a little rise. It’s Blended all together and Voila!
And then you just dip the bread in the French toast batter, fry it up in a pan, serve with some maple syrup, berries or try my Simple Macerated Strawberries or all all three ( I’d go with that, lol) and Enjoy!
For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below.
Ok lets make some Tasty Vegan French Toast, it’s:
easily gluten free
full of protein
easily oil free
sweet and savoury
Enjoy guys! Happy day to you😊 feel free to leave a comment and a rating below. I would love to hear from you.
Other Vegan Breakfast recipes for you to enjoy:Print
How to make the BEST Vegan French toast! You will not believe this French toast is vegan! Tastes better than the classic recipe and there’s no eggs or dairy! Crispy fluffy exterior, flavourful moist centre! Read in 20 minutes! Easily Gluten free!
- 1/2 block tofu, extra firm
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant milk, I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon tapioca starch (flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter or oil (optional)
- 4–6 slices hearty bread of your choice, see notes*
- Add the tofu and the rest of ingredients (except the bread and oil) to your blender or Nutra Bullet and process until smooth. Pour the batter into a wide shallow bowl ( I use a pie plate) and set aside
- Preheat non stick griddle or large non stick skillet to medium high heat. Add oil or vegan butter (optional if you have a really good non stick pan)
- Dip both sides of bread generously in the batter, to get a really good coating.
- Add battered bread to the skillet and fry for 4-5 minutes per side. Try not to move it while cooking so it develops a nice crust. If pan gets to hot turn down it down to medium heat.
- Once golden remove from pan and serve immediately
- Enjoy your vegan French toast with maple syrup, fresh fruit, or Macerated Strawberries or all three, lol!
- I use 1 or two day old French bread (cut into 1 & 1/4 inch or so slices) or hearty grain bread for this recipe
- I do not recommend soft sandwich bread for this recipe, it isn’t sturdy enough
- This recipe can easily be doubled
- Recipe adapted from Peta
Keywords: vegan french toast,