Tasty Tex Mex Vegan Taco Meat Recipe yes and YES! This recipe is so delicious, oil free, nut free, and gluten free. Woot Woot! This is some tasty veggie taco meat we’ve got going on here, Oooh Baby!
This recipe, is simple, tasty, healthy and freezes beautifully. The whole family will love it. There is not a walnut to be found in this recipe or cauliflower either, just tofu, mushrooms, peppers, and onions, yum!
You just need a food processor and a big baking sheet (I use a 15×21 inch ) or two smaller ones.
How to Make Tex Mex Vegan Taco Meat:
Throw all your spices in a big mixing bowl along with your wet ingredients ( minus the salsa, lime juice and Tajin mexican seasoning) give it a mix, crumble in your tofu.
Process your mushrooms in two batches, till they’re quite small, add those to the bowl. Do the same with the onions and peppers. Give everything a good mix.
Pour the taco mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it evenly. In the oven it goes.
Now once cooked I add the taco meat mixture to a bowl with some lime juice, your favourite salsa or veggie stock, and Tajin mexican seasoning or salt to taste. Boom! Done!
Now the fun part begins- Soft tacos, Hard Tacos, Burritos, Breakfast hash, Nachos?! So many options.
My favourite is a good ole hard corn taco shell with the taco meat, my Pico de Gallo, couple of pickled jalapeños, and some crunchy iceberg lettuce.
Yum, so tasty, and you can always add Guacamole and hot sauce too!
Make the mix up ahead of time and keep it in the freezer, reheat in microwave, or non stick frying pan. Dinner ready in a jiffy!
So lets get this Fiesta started. Go fire up the food processor ?
This tasty veggie taco meat recipe is:
Enjoy you guys! Happy Day?
Check out the Tasty Tex Mex Vegan Taco Meat Recipe VIDEO below!
This Tex Mex Vegan Taco meat Recipe is so delicious, and it’s oil free, nut free and gluten free! The Whole Family will love it!!
- 1 & 1/2 tsp bouillon paste Better than Bouillon Vegetarian No Beef Soup Base
- 2 tbsp Braggs or Gluten free Lite Tamari
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 lb mushrooms ( rough chop)
- 1 Large green pepper ( rough chop)
- 1 Medium onion ( rough chop)
- 1 Block extra firm Tofu ( no need to press)
- 1 tsp Tajin seasoning or Salt to taste ( see notes*)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup favorite salsa or a little veggie stock for moisture.( see notes*)
- Add first 9 ingredients to large mixing bowl, give it a stir
- Add tofu to the bowl,crumble it with your fingers as you go, mix it all up.
- Now add your mushrooms to food processor in 2 batches, process until they are quite small but not mushy, add them to the mixing bowl.
- Add your onion and green pepper and process the same as mushrooms, add to the bowl
- Give it all a good mix , pour onto baking sheet(s), spread evenly
- Bake at 350° 40-45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven add to bowl and mix in remaining 3 ingredients.
- You can add more than 1/4 cup salsa to the mix if you like or omit salsa and add some veggie stock instead, either or will be delicious. Adding the salsa or veggie stock gives the taco meat a perfect balance.
- You should be able to find Tajin seasoning locally, if not you can find it here.
- I love this Taco meat on a good ole hard taco shell with my Pico de Gallo, couple of pickled jalapeños and some shredded ice burg lettuce. Yum! mmmm Guacamole and hot sauce would be great too!
- Try it in My Supreme Crunch Wrap with chipotle Mayo
Keywords: vegan taco meat, vegan taco , tasty, recipe, tex mex, tacos, vegan, meat, delicious, gluten free, oil free, nut free, vegetarian taco meat, walnut, cauliflower, tofu,