Our homemade vegan Bailey's Irish cream is the solution to your cravings! If you're a fan of Irish cream, but you're following a plant-based diet, you may have thought that you'd never be able to indulge in this creamy, delicious treat again.
Fortunately, there are plenty of options out there for vegans. One of the best is this homemade vegan Bailey's Irish cream. This decadent and flavorful liqueur is perfect for adding to your coffee, drizzling over ice cream, or sipping on its own
One of the great things about making your own vegan Bailey's is that it's incredibly versatile. You can use it in so many different ways to add a touch of richness and flavor to your desserts and beverages.
Whether you like a bit of coffee along with dessert, or you want a nightcap that is just a bit different, you will love this. Simple ingredients you already have on hand whisk up into a delicious creamy liqueur. Vegan Bailey's is sure to be a hit next time you brew a pot of coffee and want something a bit extra.
- 1 cup whiskey
- ½ cup black coffee, cold
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ⅓ cups full-fat coconut cream, heated (800ml)
- ½ cup maple syrup
Note: Full-fat coconut cream will be solid out of the can, so you will need to heat it to melt and create a liquid base. It does not need to be cooked or boiled, just heated until liquid.
- Measuring cups and spoons: always necessary in any kitchen, you probably already have these on hand. If not, invest in a set that has wet measuring cups, dry measuring cups, and a variety of measuring spoons.
- High-speed blender: you can make this with an immersion blender or even in a food processor, but a good blender is much easier.
- Mason jar(s): to store the extra mixture, you will need a jar or jars that are airtight. A mason jar is a perfect solution.
How to Make Vegan Bailey's
Once the coconut cream is liquid, add it along with the whiskey, coffee, vanilla extract, and maple syrup into a blender. Pulse until smooth and combined.
Pour into a jar for storage, or use immediately.
When ready to serve, this can be drunk as is, but is best when you add 1.5 ounces to a cup of coffee and stir. You may add more or less to taste. Just remember it does include whiskey, so be aware of how much extra you are allowing yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is actually good for up to 2 months when stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator. The combination of the alcohol with the other ingredients adds to the length of its shelf life.
This is easiest to pour into a jar with a lid. While you can store it in a pitcher, you really want it to be airtight if stored longer than overnight. Mason jars are a perfect solution for storing homemade Bailey's.
A traditional serving used in coffee is 1.5 ounces or 3 tablespoons.
While you can use any whiskey, a top-shelf brand is going to give you better flavor. Classics such as Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's, Johnnie Walker, Elijah Craig, and similar are perfect for this recipe.
How do I use Vegan Bailey's?
One of the great things about vegan Bailey's Irish cream is that it's incredibly versatile. You can use it in so many different ways to add a touch of richness and flavor to your desserts and beverages.
If you're a coffee drinker, adding a shot of this to your coffee after dinner is better than any other nightcap you might enjoy.
Below are more great ways to use vegan Bailey's:
- In our vegan hot chocolate recipe
- As part of a London Fog tea instead of milk or cream
- Over coffee, chocolate, or vanilla ice cream
- In place of milk in a cake or cupcake batter
- Drizzled over caramelized fruit
- In an "adult" milkshake
- Replace creamer in iced, frozen, or hot brewed coffee.
The possibilities are endless, and you're sure to find a way to incorporate this delicious liqueur into your favorite treats.
What Should I Serve Vegan Bailey's With?
After you make this, you have some ideas of how to use it, but what if you are drinking a traditional coffee that is spiked with Bailey's? It's a great choice alongside a sweet treat, and below are a few that I love!
- Vegan Chocolate Pie with Salted Caramel
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Best Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread Ever
Homemade Vegan Bailey's Irish Cream
- Put all ingredients into a high-powered blender and pulse until combined.
- Pour into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- For the best flavor, use a high-quality whiskey.
- Elijah Craig
- Jim Beam
- Maker's Mark
- Jack Daniel's
- Johnnie Walker
- Replace the coffee with espresso for a stronger flavor
- Store for up to 2 months in the refrigerator