Melt in your mouth vegan peanut butter cups! Super easy to make from scratch with good quality cocoa (not chocolate chips) 6 natural healthy ingredients! -better than Reese’s! Refined sugar free, nut free option!
Yes! chocolate peanut butter cups with no dairy yahoo!! And they taste amazing. No one in a million years would guess this chocolate peanut butter candy recipe is vegan let alone homemade and healthy! -and I do not use graham wafer crackers so they are gluten free also! Yay!
Fun treats to make any time and awesome for easter, valentine’s day and Christmas! says me😊
Chocolate + peanut butter is a match made in heaven!!My recipe tastes just like store bought - better even!
Rich, dark chocolate with a slightly sweet peanut butter filing and a hint of salt -oh yah they’re good…really GOOD… And there’s no powdered sugar needed!
I seriously love no bake recipes!
And the best thing! It takes 6 ingredients and a few minutes to whip up these delicious chocolate morsels.
For the peanut butter cups I used coconut oil and Hershey’s cocoa powder in place of chocolate chips and maple syrup for the sweetener. The combination just melts in your mouth. I adapted this method from my dairy free chocolates recipe because I loved the flavour and texture so much!
Read on for full ingredient list and how to make them!
Ingredients needed and nut free substitutions:
- Coconut oil: I use virgin but can use refined for zero coconut flavour
- Cocoa Powder: I use Hershey's 100 % natural cacao
- Peanut butter: I use natural peanut butter that has salt. For nut allergies use sunflower seed butter or wow butter made with soy
- Maple syrup: adds perfect sweetness to both chocolate coating and peanut butter filling
- Vanilla: lovely flavour addition
- Instant coffee and salt: adds a richness to chocolate but doesn’t taste like coffee and chocolate and salt are a great combo- salty & sweet vibe!
How to make healthy vegan peanut butter cups:
Such an easy recipe to make!
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cupcake liners and set aside
- Using a microwave safe bowl melt coconut oil in microwave (can also melt in pot on stove). Whisk in rest of ingredients until smooth: cocoa, instant coffee, salt, vanilla, maple syrup,
- Pour 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate into each cup. Set in the freezer to harden.
- Mix together peanut butter and maple syrup in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of filling to each cup on top of hardened chocolate. Then evenly distribute rest of mixture among cups. Pat down slightly to form a kind of disk shape.
- Top each cup with 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate. Evenly divide the rest.
- Set uncovered in fridge to harden, for about an hour or set in freezer until firm. That’s it- Enjoy! Store leftover chocolates in sealed container in fridge
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are Trader Joe’s or Reese’s peanut butter cups vegan?
- No, they are not dairy free both contain milk products.
Are there store bought vegan peanut butter cups available?
- There are dairy free peanut butter cups you can buy like ‘Unreal’, Justin’s or Lily’s brand but they are pricy. They can be found on amazon and possibly in your local health food or grocery stores like Whole Foods. I find it much more affordable (and just as tasty) to make your own!
You'll love this chocolate peanut butter cup recipe, it's:
- nut free if needed
- dairy free
- gluten free
- rich and creamy
- super kid friendly👍
- easy and fun to make
- great treat for special occasions and holidays
Enjoy you guys! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Want more easy vegan chocolate recipes? Check these out!
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Bars Recipe!
- Chocolate Coconut Date Balls (No Bake)
- Homemade Dairy Free Chocolates (In Molds)
- Raw Vegan Brownies (Healthy No Bake Recipe, GF)
- Chocolate Vegan Mug Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Pie with Salted Caramel (No Bake)
- Best & Easiest Vegan Chocolate Truffles