This easy Curried Chickpea Salad Wrap is ready to eat in just 15 minutes. The chickpea and vegetable filling is dressed in a curry dressing, packing this simple meal prep option with plenty of warm and vibrant flavors.
Want to mix up your meal prep and weekly lunches? Add this Curried Chickpea Salad Wrap to the list! It’s a flavorful, protein-packed, and vibrant meal that’s easy to make in just 15 minutes.
Just like my Chickpea Salad Sandwich and Vegan Chicken Salad, this curry-dressed chickpea salad is a staple in my fridge. It’s wonderful in wraps with extra veggies, but can also be stuffed into sandwiches or topped on a bowl of greens. Did you end up with extras? Bring them to the picnic or potluck!
Did I mention how customizable it is? Add in extra vegetables, switch up the mayo-based dressing for an oil free version, or adjust the ingredients for the season. There are endless ways to make this recipe your own and enjoy it for all occasions.
Turn to this chickpea salad wrap whenever you need an easy and healthy lunch! It’s:
- Easy to store for days in the fridge.
- Ready to eat in 15 minutes.
- Perfect for meal prep, picnics, healthy dinners, and potlucks.
- Enriched with a warm curry and mango chutney dressing.
- Naturally gluten and dairy free.
Ingredients and substitutions
This chickpea wrap is made up of fresh and crisp vegetables and a curry and chutney dressing. These are the ingredients you need:
- Chickpeas - Canned chickpeas are easy and convenient, while still packing the salad with protein.
- Vegetables - I made the salad with red onion and celery, but you can add anything else you like, such as beets, cabbage, carrots, peas, and more.
- Pickled peppers - Feel free to use mild or spicy pickled peppers. The heat from spicy peppers gives the salad an enjoyable sweet and spicy contrast.
- Apple - Or use fresh mango for a tropical twist.
- Cashews - Optional, but adds a delicious crunch! For nut free, use sunflower seeds or pepitas instead.
- Dried cranberries - Raisins work too.
- Curry salad dressing - Vegan mayonnaise, mango chutney, curry powder, lemon juice, and pickled pepper brine are whisked together to make a creamy curry-infused dressing.
How to make curried chickpea salad wraps
You don’t need any special equipment to make these wraps. The salad is easy to assemble in minutes and can be stuffed into wraps right away or stored in the fridge for later. Here’s how it’s done:
Step 1: Mash the chickpeas. Place the rinsed chickpeas in a bowl and mash them with a fork or potato masher until most (but not all) are broken down.
Step 2: Add the vegetables. Stir the onion, pickled peppers, celery, apple, nuts, cilantro, and cranberries in with the chickpeas.
Step 3: Make the dressing. Whisk the mayo, chutney, curry powder, lemon juice, and brine together in a bowl.
Step 4: Assemble. Pour the dressing over the chickpea salad and stir to combine.
Step 5: Stuff into wraps. Either store the salad away for later or stuff it into tortillas with spinach and carrots. Roll it up and enjoy!
Tips for success
- Don’t mash the chickpeas until they’re completely smooth or else the salad will be mushy.
- To put the chickpea salad together even quicker, pulse the chickpeas and vegetables in a food processor until they’re just combined. This should only take 4 to 5 pulses.
- For oil free chickpea salad, make the dressing with my oil free vegan mayonnaise, hummus, or plain vegan yogurt instead.
The salad is best served in wraps or sandwiches with leafy greens, carrots, bell peppers, avocado, or any other vegetables you like. Alternatively, add a scoop on top of a bowl of lightly dressed greens for a boost of protein on your salad.
How long does it last?
Curry chickpea salad is an amazing meal prep option because it lasts for up to 4 or 5 days in the fridge fully assembled. Keep it in an airtight container in the fridge and stuff it into wraps or sandwiches before serving.
Looking for more vegan meal prep recipes?
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print