This Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats recipe tastes just like apple pie. Oats, cinnamon, applesauce, and vegan yogurt come together in one jar to create a warm and naturally gluten free breakfast you can take on the go. The perfect recipe for meal prep!
Capture the warmth and sweet flavors of vegan apple pie in an easy on-the-go breakfast with this Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats recipe. It’s naturally gluten free and vegan and made with a short list of easy ingredients. Just stir everything together in a bowl, pour into jars, and enjoy!
Just like my breakfast burritos and blueberry muffins, this overnight oats recipe is perfect for meal prep. The jars of oatmeal can be assembled on Sundays and enjoyed throughout the week! Top them with extra toppings, like apples, granola, or berries, and dig in while you head out the door.
Each jar of oatmeal is full of fiber, omega 3’s, probiotics, and protein. Plus, you can’t beat the warm and comforting flavors! Both adults and kids are sure to love this simple and delicious vegan breakfast.
Apple overnight oats ingredients
- Oats - Old fashioned rolled oats are best because they soak in moisture really well without becoming soggy. Quick oats or steel cut oats won’t work. I use gluten free Quaker old fashioned rolled oats or Bob’s red mill. Not all oats are certified gluten free so be sure to check the label beforehand.
- Cinnamon - Because warm apple overnight oats always pair best with cinnamon!
- Milk - I prefer to use soy milk for the taste and added protein, but any kind of dairy free milk will do, almond milk, oat, pea milk, etc..
- Unsweetened applesauce - This is where the apple flavor comes from. Applesauce will give the overnight oats a smoother texture than if you were to use apple chunks.
- Vegan yogurt - For added moisture, probiotics, and creaminess.
- Seeds - Chia seeds or flaxseeds give the oats a boost of omega 3’s.
- Vanilla extract - For flavor. You can also leave this out and use vanilla-flavored yogurt or milk instead.
How to make apple cinnamon overnight oats
This vegan overnight oats recipe comes together in one bowl and lasts for days in the fridge. Whip up a batch for meal prep or when you don’t want to fuss over breakfast! It’s the easiest breakfast recipe:
- Mix everything together: Stir all of the overnight oats ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Transfer to jars: Transfer the mixture to individual bowls, mason jars, or sealable containers.
- Refrigerate, then enjoy: Cover the containers and refrigerate the oats overnight. Add the toppings of your choice the next day and enjoy! For full ingredients and instructions see printable recipe card below.
Overnight oat toppings
Make your apple oats extra cozy and filling with the right toppings. These are some of my favorites:
- Sliced apples
- Fresh berries
- Toasted nuts
- Pumpkin spice
- Chocolate chips
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sliced pears
- Dried cranberries
- Maple syrup
- Peanut butter
- Caramel sauce
Are overnight oats served warm or cold?
Both! Enjoy the chilled overnight oats straight out of the fridge when you’re in a rush in the morning. On slower days, I recommend warming each portion for about 1 minute in the microwave because warm apples and cinnamon are so irresistible.
How long do overnight oats last?
Overnight oats will last for up to 5 days when kept in a saran wrapped bowl, sealed jars or containers in the fridge.
Looking for more easy vegan breakfast recipes?
- Vegan Tofu Breakfast Burritos
- 5 Minute Mango Smoothie
- Healthy Breakfast Bars
- Vegan Morning Glory Muffins
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print