Muffins! Classic quick and easy 1 bowl recipe for vegan blueberry muffins. Fluffy moist tall bakery style vegan blueberry muffin you’ll want every morning! Makes 6 jumbo muffins or a dozen regular size. Gluten-free, oil free option included!
These are Crave worthy vegan muffins you’ll make again and again they’re soft tender loaded with juicy blueberries and oh so perfect! Seriously they’re the best muffins you’ll taste -with no eggs or dairy needed. Spectacular recipe!
And my favourite part -they’re made in 1 bowl with easy everyday ingredients with hardly any mess to clean up -yay!
This recipe is wonderfully versatile! Use fresh or frozen blueberries, enjoy jumbo muffins or regular size! -Make them gluten free or oil free
I like to add fresh rosemary (secret ingredient 😉) and lemon zest to mine for rosemary lemon blueberry muffins - incredibly delicious!!
-or swap out the blueberries with chocolate chips for tasty chocolate chip muffins .So many choices -super yum! Let’s whip up a batch!
- Blueberries: You can use fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries
- Vegan yogurt: my secret to moist flavour packed muffins with a little tang!
- Plant milk: I used unsweetened oat milk -almond milk, soy milk also good choices
- Oil: I prefer oil over vegan butter I like the texture and it adds more moisture. Have not tested with coconut oil
- Sugar: I use white sugar and brown sugar for a little richer depth of flavour and moisture
- Flour: I like using all purpose flour but you can sub gluten free flour if needed. Have not tested muffins with whole wheat flour, pastry flour, oat or almond flour
- Apple cider vinegar: little acid to help muffins rise, do not use lemon juice
- leavening agents: baking powder and baking soda! needed for tall muffins with the perfect rise
- Salt: brings out all the favours
- Cinnamon: adds warmth compliments everything -oh yes it’s a must
- Fresh rosemary and lemon zest: adds that something something that takes this recipe over the top! highly recommended!
How to make vegan blueberry muffins:
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Add the dry ingredients on top storing with the flour then sprinkle the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, over the flour. Mix with a wooden spoon until completely combined but do not over mix.
- Gently Fold in the blueberries. Evenly divide the muffin batter between the muffin cups using a measuring cup or an ice cream scoop. Top with a few extra blueberries and a sprinkle of sugar if you like.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. For jumbo muffins bake 28-30 minutes, check with toothpick as well. Let cool for a couple of minutes in pan then remove to a cooling rack. Enjoy! For full recipe ingredients and instructions see printable recipe card below
You bet as proven with this amazing recipe😊 -just as good without eggs and dairy trust me!
It depends on the recipe some blueberry muffins contain no oil and little sugar while others have more. This vegan recipe has an oil free option!
Yes! I actually almost always use frozen, they’re more convenient and available all year round. Add them straight from the freezer into the muffin batter! Of course fresh is great too if you have them.
Muffins can be stored in a covered container on counter for 2-3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. I recommend adding a piece of paper towel as they are very moist. To freeze them wrap individually in cling wrap and place in freezer bag or container. Simply thaw at room temperature first.
Depends on where you are. I’m sure some bakery’s and cafe’s sell them and possibly certain grocery stores as well
- Do not overmix the batter you want them light and tender not chewy or gummy. Mix until just combined, and gently fold in the blueberries.
- Make sure oven is fully preheated and always bake muffins on the centre rack of your oven
- Once batter is mixed don’t dilly dally get those muffins in the oven as the leaveners won’t stay activated forever
- Make sure the baking powder and baking soda are still fresh, to ensure your muffins rise properly. Check the dates on them.
- If using cupcake liners, spray lightly with cooking oil before adding batter for easy removal when muffins are done
- For extra lemony lemon blueberry muffins: add more zest and 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- For chocolate chip muffins: substitute chocolate chips for blueberries!
- For huckleberry muffins: swap out the blueberries for huckleberries, mmm yum!!
- If there isn't enough batter to fill all the cups, fill the empty ones halfway with water. This will ensure the muffins bake evenly.
These muffins are:
- Tender, fluffy
- Super moist
- So flavourful
- very simple
- Loaded with healthy blueberries
- The best you’ll ever make
- Kid approved
More vegan muffins and baked goods:
- Simple Vegan Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Amazing Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Vegan Coconut Loaf Cake
- 1 Bowl Vegan Morning Glory Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Bread - Better Than Starbucks!
- Best Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread (Easy Recipe)
- 1 Bowl Vegan Lemon Loaf with Lemon Drizzle
- Healthy Breakfast Bars
- Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print