Ok People you need to bring this Wickedly Good Vegan Potato Salad Recipe to your next Bbq. No potluck is complete without a Potato Salad, and this one will definitely wow the crowd.
What makes this Potato Salad stand out you ask?
-Steamed creamy red potatoes for starters. Then you have your crunchy mixed veggies, tart pickles, and a delicious, creamy, bright and slightly smoky dressing, made with vegan mayonnaise (vegenaise) – That’s what😀
This Salad is super straight forward. Peel chop and steam your potatoes, drain and add to large serving bowl. Let cool to room temp, add your chopped veg and dressing. Mix it up. Chill in the fridge and Voila, your ready for you Bbq.
I like to add black salt to my Potato Salad, it gives it a slight eggy flavour, that I love. So if you enjoyed eggs in your Potato Salad in the past, give the black salt a try👍 you’ll love it.
I also recommend using red or yellow potatoes for this recipe. I’d avoid Russets as they don’t hold their shape when cooked.
Want to make it a meal? Check out my Amazing Vegan Burger Recipe
That’s it, start chopping.
This Wickedly Good Vegan Potato Salad recipe is:
The perfect bite
A crowd pleaser
Enjoy you Guys! Happy Day😊
Feel free to comment below. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Ok people you need to bring this Wickedly Good Vegan Potato Salad to your next Bbq. No potluck would be complete without a Potato Salad, and this one will definitely wow the crowd.
- approx 7 med red potatoes, chopped bite size, ( approx 2 lbs)
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed bell peppers,
- 1 large celery stick, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red radish ( 3 or so)
- 1 small carrot , grated or chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion ( more for garnish , optional)
- 1 large dill pickle, chopped
- 1/3 cup your favourite vegan mayonnaise, ( I like vegenaise)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce ( I like Annies or The wizards)
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp dill pickle juice
- 1/2 tbsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp black salt (kala namak)
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- pinch of pepper
- Peel and chop potatoes into bite size pieces, ( 1/2 inch or so), see notes*
- Set your steamer basket in a medium pot, add a good pinch of salt and enough water to come just below basket, bring to a boil.
- Add your potatoes, cover and reduce heat to medium, cook potatoes for 8-12 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well and add to large serving bowl
- While potatoes are steaming, chop all your veggies.
- Add Dressing ingredients to soup bowl give it a whisk and set aside.
- When potatoes are room temperature, add veggies and dressing.
- Mix well and Enjoy!😊
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary
- Garnish with green onions, (optional)
- Make it a meal and serve with my delicious Vegan Burger!
- Peeling the potatoes is optional of course. I like my salad better without the peel, but I know its more nutritious with the peel on😬
- Nutritional chart below calculated without liquid smoke and black salt.
- For black salt I subbed table salt.
Keywords: vegan, potato salad, best, gluten free, healthy, delicious, recipe,