Ok People you need to bring this Vegan Potato Salad to your next Bbq or potluck. It’s creamy, tangy, crunchy, delicious and dairy free and egg free of course. It’s the Best Recipe!
What makes this Vegan Potato Salad stand out you ask?
Steamed creamy red potatoes for starters. Then you have your crunchy mixed veggies, dill pickles, and a delicious, creamy, bright and slightly smoky dressing, made with vegan mayonnaise (vegenaise), fresh herbs and spices.
Black salt makes this potato salad top notch and gives it a slight eggy flavour, that I love. So if you enjoyed eggs in your Potato Salad in the past, give the black salt a try you’ll love it.
This Vegan potato salad has all the classic flavours and more!
How to make Vegan Potato Salad:
This Salad is super simple and straight forward. Peel chop and steam your potatoes, drain and add to large serving bowl. Let cool to room temp, add your chopped vegetables and dressing. Mix it up. Chill in the fridge and Voila, your ready for your Bbq.
I also recommend using red potatoes for this recipe as they have lower starch content which means they take on less water when cooked and will hold their shape better. I’d avoid Russets as they are a high starch potato and don’t hold their shape when cooked.
Want to make it a meal? Check out my Amazing Vegan Burger Recipe
That’s it, start chopping.
This Wickedly Good Vegan Potato Salad recipe is:
The perfect bite
A crowd pleaser
Enjoy you Guys! Happy Day?
Feel free to comment below. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Here are some more tasty Vegan Salad Recipes for you to enjoy:Print
Vegan Potato Salad! Eggless, dairy free and fabulous! with creamy red potatoes, best tangy mayo dressing, crunchy veggies. Easy healthy summer salad for potluck or bbq. Serve warm or cold!
- 2 lbs red skinned potatoes, peeled and chopped bite sized (approx 6–7 med potatoes)
- 3/4 cup chopped mixed bell peppers,
- 1 large celery stick, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red radish, 3 or so (optional I like the peppery crunch)
- 1 small carrot , grated or chopped
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion ( more for garnish , optional)
- 1 large dill pickle, chopped
POTATO SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup your favourite vegan mayonnaise, ( I like vegenaise)
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce ( I like Annies or The wizards)
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- zest of 1/2 lemon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp dill pickle juice
- 1/2 tbsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp black salt (kala namak)
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- pinch of pepper
FOR GARNISHING THE SALAD:
- chopped green onions
- good sprinkle of paprika
- Peel and chop potatoes into bite size pieces, ( 1/2 inch or so), see notes*
- Set your steamer basket in a medium pot, add a good pinch of salt and enough water to come just below basket, bring to a boil.
- Add your potatoes, cover and reduce heat to medium, cook potatoes for 8-12 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well and add to large salad bowl
- While potatoes are steaming, chop all your veggies.
- Add Dressing ingredients to small bowl give it a whisk and set aside.
- When potatoes are warm or room temperature, add veggies and dressing. Mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Top with green onions and a sprinkle of paprika. Enjoy warm or cold!
- Make it a meal and serve with my delicious Vegan Burger!
- If you like your potato salad to have a sweeter note than add up to a tablespoon of green relish to the dressing
- Peeling the potatoes is optional of course. I like my salad better without the peel.
- Potato salad will keep covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Calories in Nutritional chart below calculated without liquid smoke and black salt.
Keywords: vegan potato salad, best, gluten free, healthy, delicious, recipe, black salt, vegenaise, dill, vegan mayonnaise, eggless potato salad, plant based potato salad, dairy free potato salad, potato salad vegan,