Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms: mushroom caps filled with dairy free cream cheese, Panko parmesan topping, walnuts, fresh herbs and baked! Delicious easy recipe no one will believe is vegan! Great veggie appetizer for the holidays, or anytime!
I love stuffed mushrooms whether they’re bite size or stuffed portabellas! And this vegan stuffed mushroom recipe is fabulous! Only 8 ingredients, 10 minutes to prep and they’re baking in the oven to hot cheesy juicy mushroom perfection! Perfect for parties, a real crowd pleaser!
Vegan Stuffed mushroom ingredients:
The filling ingredients for these stuffed mushroom caps couldn’t be simpler! Vegan cream cheese (I use Daiya), nutritional yeast, Panko bread crumbs, walnuts, thyme, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper. That’s it! load it on Cremini mushrooms and fire them in the oven! Meatless, dairy free and fabulous!
The combination of cheese, nuts, herbs and bread crumbs stuffed into Cremini mushrooms and baked is heavenly. It’s the ultimate vegan appetizer! Says me, my family and everyone else😊!
And best of all it’s ready in record time! We totally enjoyed them as a snack before our thanksgiving feast! And will again this December for New Years eve!
There are so many variations I made in the past for stuffed mushrooms, sausage, sun-dried tomato, classic bacon & cream cheese, spinach & artichoke, crab, cheese & herb to name a few.
They were some of my favourite combos years ago and I’ll definitely be vegan-izing them in the future!! So stay tuned for more mushroom recipes!! Yum! In the mean time let's make this amazing one!
How to make vegan stuffed mushrooms:
- Preheat oven to 400° line a baking sheet or oven proof dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Gently wipe mushrooms with a paper towel to clean. Brush tops lightly with oil and place mushroom caps stem side down and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven flip them over and blot out any juices with paper towel.
- While mushrooms are pre cooking prepare the filling: In a bowl mix together panko bread crumbs, walnuts, nutritional yeast, herbs, salt and pepper. Stir in the cream cheese. Mix well.
- Fill mushroom caps with 2 teaspoons of the filling (yes I measure😊). Return to the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with chopped chives if desired and Enjoy! Careful they'll be hot! For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below.
Stuffed mushrooms Q & A:
Can they be made ahead of time?
- Yes you can make the filing the night before or up to 2 days in advance. Follow instructions for recipe, stuff and bake!
Why are my stuffed mushrooms soggy?
- do not wash mushrooms with water as they will absorb it and become soggy also pre baking the mushroom caps before filling them helps reduce the juice and prevents water logged mushrooms.
Do you have to peel mushrooms before stuffing them?
- No it's not necessary to peel them, wiping them with paper towel is all that is needed to remove any dirt.
Can they be served at room temperature?
- For this recipe they are best served warm but taste great at room temp as well.
Can I freeze uncooked stuffed mushrooms?
- you can but don't recommend it. Freshly baked is best in my opinion
Pro tips for perfect stuffed mushrooms:
- hand pick your mushrooms do not buy pre packaged and choose ones that are firm with a fresh, smooth appearance. The surface should be dry with no shriveled edges and they should never be slimy with brown soft spots.
- never wash mushrooms with water as they are like sponges and will become soggy. Wipe with paper towel.
- pre bake mushroom caps to release some of the juice first before stuffing so they are not watery
- don't over fill the mushrooms as the cheesy filling may ooze all over while baking (hmmm not sure that's a bad thing lol😊)
Hope you love these stuffed mushrooms, they're:
- simple to whip up
- lovely appetizer for holidays or anytime
- so flavourful!
Enjoy you guys! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Want more vegan appetizers? Check these recipes out:
- Crispy Baked Vegan Zucchini Fries (Easy Recipe)
- Vegan Pinwheels (Tortilla Roll Ups)
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip (Best Dairy Free Dip!)
- Easy Vegan Cheese Ball
- Best Vegan Chicken Nuggets (Tofu) (Oven Baked)
- Easy Homemade Roasted Garlic Hummus – So Creamy!
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings (Vegan + GF)
- 5 Minute Vegan Ranch Dressing (or dip)