Vegan Zucchini Fries: raw zucchini sticks dipped in eggless batter, rolled in a flavourful bread coating and baked to crispy perfection. Deliciously simple vegan appetizer perfect any time, game day, potluck you name it! They will send your taste buds into overdrive!
And easy zucchini recipe with phenomenal flavours and crispy texture
Wait until you taste my zucchini fries recipe! OMG! The BEST crunchy crispy oven baked zucchini fries that are vegan- made without egg batter or dairy milk, instead I used a dairy free eggless batter and Italian seasoned Panko bread crumbs.
Now you don’t need to miss out on Red Robin or Denny’s fried zucchini sticks. You can make your vegan version at home without a deep fryer and they taste just as good or better- not kidding!
The crunchy coating is so good you will be amazed! And it’s only 15 minute of prep time and they’re baking in the oven, ready to be devoured!
They honestly taste like they’ve been deep fried but they are so much healthier and no messy oil to deal with! and the breading does not fall off! My kids and grandkids LOVE them!
These are best served with my 5 minute vegan ranch dressing and or warm marina sauce for dipping! Ketchup always goes over well with the kiddos too!😊
So if you have fresh garden zucchini to use up this is a great way to do it! Make zucchini fries! Definitely a crowd favourite and so easy to make!
How to make vegan zucchini fries:
Preheat oven to 425° Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and generoulsy spray with cooking oil spray, set aside.
Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and then into sticks, about 1 inch or so thick and approximately 4 inches long.
Add the wet batter ingredients to a medium size mixing bowl and whisk to combine
Mix the dry breading ingredients in a shallow plate (I use my pie plate)
Dip zucchini into the batter, making sure it is fully coated, the batter will be thick. Now dredge in the Panko bread mixture, gently pressing to coat. Repeat with remaining zucchini
Place zucchini on prepared baking sheet. Spray tops with cooking oil spray. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown and crispy, flipping halfway through cooking time.
Enjoy! Serve with my 5 minute vegan ranch dressing and or a side of warm marinara sauce. Ketchup is a great dipper too! For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below.
Pro tips for perfect crispy oven baked zucchini fries:
- don't cut the zucchini sticks to small or they might become overcooked and soggy in the oven!
- don't over bake them or you'll run into the same problem - overcooked zucchini
- completely coat them in the batter -that will become the crispy coating when they're done baking
- Panko is a must for this recipe as it gives such a great crunchy crust to the fries
- use small to medium sized zucchini that are firm. Larger zucchini will have soft centres that will be mushy when cooked.
These zucchini fries are:
oven baked not fried
crispy and crunchy
easy to make
perfect for dipping
Enjoy you guys! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Want more Easy Vegan Appetizers and dips? Check these out:
- Vegan Pinwheels (Tortilla Roll Ups)
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip (Best Dairy Free Dip!)
- Easy Vegan Cheese Ball
- Best Vegan Chicken Nuggets (Tofu) (Oven Baked)
- Vegan Nachos Supreme! (Fully Loaded)
- Best Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce (or Dip) (Gluten Free)
- Easy Homemade Roasted Garlic Hummus – So Creamy!
- Vegan Cauliflower Buffalo Wings (Frank’s Red Hot)
- 5 Minute Vegan Ranch Dressing (or dip)
- Pico de Gallo Recipe (Mild or Spicy)
- Easy Homemade Guacamole
- Restaurant Style Salsa Recipe