Rosemary Garlic No Knead Bread! That’s right a loaf of artisan bread that requires no kneading and just 6 simple ingredients then baked to perfection in your Dutch Oven!!
You don’t need to run to bakery folks! This No Knead bread recipe is so simple you won’t believe it! It’s a slow rise bread that is essentially steamed in your Dutch Oven which gives it incredible flavour and the beautiful crispy crust is formed the last 15 minutes or so of baking when you remove the lid.
My oldest daughter Alexa got me hooked on this bread as she makes it often. I have put my own twist on it with fresh rosemary and garlic. I guarantee it will be one of the best loaf of artisan bread you’ll make and the easiest too!!
What is No Knead Bread?
It’s a bread dough that requires no kneading! Everything gets put in a bowl, mixed together, left to rise for quite a few hours or overnight (which is what I do) The yeast does all the work for you! It’s then placed in your pre heated Dutch Oven and baked! No kneading required!!
No Knead bread first came about in the New York times quite a few years ago and there have been lots of variations since then.
This is a super simple dough and the less you handle it the better. I like to let mine rise overnight for at least 12 hours or longer. You could go up to 24 hrs.
No Knead Bread Variations:
Here are some different add ins for No Knead bread, instead of rosemary and garlic try these different flavour combinations:
- Dried cranberries or raisins and seeds like sunflower and pumpkin
- Just seeds like pumpkin, sesame and sunflower
- Chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds, dried cherries, orange zest and cinnamon
- Chopped sun-dried tomatoes and or artichokes, Italian seasoning or fresh basil or both!
- Mixed fresh herbs like rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano and fresh or roasted garlic
- Green olives stuffed with pimentos or garlic, chopped (one of my daughters fav's!)
- Chopped pickled jalapeños and grated vegan cheese
- Sprinkle a little of your favourite course salt on top before baking (a little goes a long way) There are also some delicious salts out there that are infused with herbs and spices! YUM!!
How to Make No Knead Bread:
In a large mixing bowl add the flour, yeast, salt, garlic and rosemary.. Mix it together. Add the water and stir until mixed. It will be a sticky, shaggy dough.
Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let rise for 12-18 hours or up to 24 hours (I leave mine overnight 12 hours or so)
Preheat the oven to 450°. Place your Dutch Oven into the oven for 30 minutes.
While Dutch Oven is is heating, turn out your dough onto a floured surface. With floured hands gently form dough into a ball. (I barely handle mine) Place onto a piece of parchment paper until Dutch Oven is ready. Sprinkle with a wee bit of course salt if you like.
Once Dutch Oven is preheated, carefully remove from oven. Careful it will be very hot! Place the dough with the parchment into it. Cover and return to oven.
Bake for 30 minutes, remove the lid and bake 12 -15 minutes more or until the crust is browned to your liking.
Remove the loaf from the Dutch Oven and cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing.
Enjoy!! For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below.
Ok let's make some No Knead Artisan Bread! It's:
flavourful with a crispy crust!
perfect along side so many dishes
delicious warm with vegan butter
perfectly delicious without any add ins!
the best bread to dip in your favourite soup, stew or chili!!
so good filled with vegetables and hummus for the ultimate veggie sandwich!
great for a vegan grilled cheese!
easy to make in one bowl
Enjoy guys! Happy day to you? feel free to leave a comment and a rating below. I would love to hear from you.
This No Knead Bread is great served with so many dishes, like:
- Vegan Lentil Soup (Italian) (Slow Cooker Option)
- Vegan Corn Chowder (Slow Cooker Option)
- Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Pasta (Tomato Sauce) (Vegan)
- Homemade Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Hearty Vegetable Stew (Vegan (Slow Cooker Option)
- Ultimate Vegan Chili Recipe
- Best Vegan Split Pea Soup (Slow Cooker Option)
- Classic Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup