This easy vegan homemade french fry seasoning is easy to make with a handful of simple seasonings! Packed with smoky and savory flavors, it’s the best way to dress up your homemade fries or frozen french fries.
This is The Best Seasoning For French Fries! Quickly whip up a batch of these Air Fryer French Fries and layer on the seasoning for a huge burst of flavor. It’s easy to put together with a handful of simple seasonings and seasoned salt. Yum!
You can use this easy french fry seasoning on both homemade fries and frozen fries. Take it a step further and use it on your breakfast potatoes, baked potatoes, or mixed into the breading in these baked vegan nuggets. The mix of savory and smoky flavors are the best ways to take a simple snack and turn it into something great!
What is french fry seasoning made of?
There aren’t any complicated or hard to find seasonings in this recipe but when they come together, they explode with flavor:
- Lawry’s seasoned salt - Any seasoned salt can be used if you can’t find Lawry’s.
- Garlic salt
- Paprika - Or use smoked paprika for added smokiness.
- Onion and garlic powder
- Italian seasoning - Or make your own blend using dried parsley, thyme, oregano, and basil.
- Chili powder
- Cracked black pepper
- Celery salt - Feel free to omit this if the seasoning is too strong or salty for your taste
How to make the best fry seasoning
Have an airtight jar on standby because you’ll want to store this easy fry seasoning for as long as possible. It’s so easy to put together:
- Add everything to a jar: Add all of the spices to an airtight jar and add the lid on top.
- Shake, then store: Shake everything together. Either use it right away or store the seasoning mix away for later.
More ways to season your french fries
Keep the seasoning for french fries as-is or mix it up with a few extra flavors:
- Spicy french fries: You can add more chili powder or add a dash of cayenne or red pepper flakes to the mix for more spice.
- Cajun seasoning: Use a mix of paprika, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, white pepper, onion powder, oregano, red chili flakes, and cayenne.
- Garlic and parmesan: Season the fries with vegan parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast and a bit of minced garlic.
- Italian flavor: You can use a pre-mixed Italian seasoning or substitute it for dried oregano, parsley, basil, and thyme instead. Omit the celery salt, paprika, and chili powder for true Italian flavors.
Frequently asked questions
This seasoning salt is made with a mix of salt, sugar, turmeric, paprika, and onion and garlic powder. Check label as some contain msg and some do not.
Both oven baked and air fryer french fries will need to be seasoned with half of the seasoning before they’re cooked, and then with the other half after they’re cooked.
Deep fried french fries should be seasoned right after they’re done cooking.
Try to use the mixture within 6 months or store it for up to 1 to 3 years. Mix the seasoning ingredients together and store them in an airtight container in your cupboard.
More ways to use the french fry seasoning
- Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- Best Home Fries Recipe
- Air Fryer Breaded Mushrooms
- Vegan Chicken Nuggets
- Vegan Taco Meat
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print