Easy and incredibly delicious Vietnamese inspired Fresh Spring Rolls loaded with crispy vegetables, herbs, noodles, rolled in rice paper served with 2 dipping sauces Thai peanut and Nuoc Cham! Perfect Refreshing meal or snack you'll make all summer long! Vegan, vegetarian, gluten free
I love summer rolls and these will not disappoint. These spring rolls are fresh not fried and super simple to make. Requiring a few simple ingredients. I fill the rice paper wrappers with rice noodles, fresh veggies, mangos, and herbs, no meat or shrimp I've kept them vegan. Add optional tofu for protein! (tofu summer rolls👍)
And you have two delicious choices for dipping! Pair these rolls with my sweet chili sauce (Nuoc Cham) and Thai- Vietnamese peanut dipping sauce recipe and oh are they incredible! Total crave worthy food!
Not only are these rice paper rolls delicious but they're also beautiful to behold with the array of rainbow colours from all the vegetables and fruit super versatile too add whatever veggies you have on hand in the fridge, red bell pepper, snow peas, etc.. -don't skip the noodles though they are the best part in my opinion
Super fantastic! Honestly they’re my favourite summer food!! So refreshing and great grab and go from the fridge if you just want a lite healthy snack!! Yah for vegan spring rolls- FYI these little rice parcels are a fabulous make ahead appetizer to bring to potlucks, picnics and bbq’s!! Everyone will want a spring roll guaranteed!
- Rice spring roll wrappers: found in most grocery stores in asian section, they are round. I buy 9 inch size
- veggies: I use grated carrots, shredded cabbage, soft lettuce leaves
- Noodles: I like the small rice noodles not vermicelli
- Herbs: I use and array of herbs, cilantro, mint and basil all fresh!
- Mango: sliced mango is amazing in these rolls. compliments the herbs and other flavours perfectly
- Peanut sauce: made with peanut butter, coconut milk, hoisin sauce and more, an absolute must! with spring rolls a match made in heaven!
- Vietnamese dipping sauce: my version of Nuoc Cham with sweet chili sauce, lime juice, vinegar chili garlic sauce and more.. no fish sauce!
How to make them:
- Make spring roll dipping sauces
Mix ingredients for peanut sauce and vietnamese sauce in bowls, set aside
- Make noodles
Cook rice noodles according to pkg instructions. Drain, chill in cold water, drain and set aside
- Prep filling ingredients
Prep and chop all the veggies, lettuce, mango, and herbs, add to a large plate for easy assembly later
- To assemble and roll spring rolls
Fill a shallow dish half way with warm water, I use a pie plate. Add one rice paper wrapper at a time for 25-30 seconds -just until it's pliable, not too soft or it will tear. Then lay on clean work surface
Fill with a little of everything, starting with a piece of lettuce then noodles followed by veggies, mango and herbs. Don't over fill. Roll it up burrito style. Repeat until you run out of filling ingredients. I usually get around 15 rolls give or take. Enjoy!! Serve on platter with dipping sauces. For full ingredients and instructions see printable recipe card below
Yes they are definitely good for you, fat free for the most part. Mostly consisting of rice paper, raw veggies and some rice noodles. It’s the dips that have the calories
Yes they’re basically the same, both made of softened rice paper filled with fresh veggies, herbs sometimes rice noodles, meat and fruit are added
To store spring rolls. Lay damp piece of paper towel on plate or in container add rolls, do not stack. Cover with another damp paper towel. this keeps them from drying out. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Keep in fridge for up to 3 days.
Yes you can prepare these rice paper rolls up to a day in advance for less prep for party day, potluck, picnic, bbq etc,…
- Don’t over fill rolls or they will tear.
- Make sure ingredients are soft, thinly sliced or shredded to prevent poking through the rice paper
- Make Sure you have extra rice paper sheets as you might tear a few at the beginning
- Add whatever vegetables you like, -don’t have cabbage? add sliced bell peppers or snap peas, etc.. or add a little of everything up to you!
Why you'll love them:
- super easy to make
- great party food
- feeds a crowd!
- kid approved
More recipes for you:
- 20 Minute Vegan Lettuce Wraps
- Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe
- Vegan Egg Roll In A Bowl (Crack Slaw)
- Best Teriyaki Noodles with Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
- Simple Vegan Buddha Bowl
- Best Peanut Noodles Ever!
- Easy Vegan Pad Thai
- Sweet & Spicy Garlic Noodles
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print