This Sweet & tangy Vietnamese dipping sauce is my version of the classic Nuoc Cham made without fish sauce! A delicious 5 minute spring roll dipping sauce or dressing for vermicelli rice noodles! So GOOD!! Naturally vegan, gluten free
This Vietnamese dipping sauce recipe tastes amazing !! Full of umami flavour -it’s sweet & spicy, salty, tangy, sour, savoury! It's crave worthy! made with fresh lime juice, sweet chili sauce, Tamari, vinegar, ginger and chili garlic sauce for a little heat!
This sauce recipe is a cross between Nuoc Cham and Nuoc Mam Gung which are both asian dipping sauces popular in Vietnamese restaurants throughout Vietnam, typically served along side dips like peanut sauce with fresh rice paper summer rolls or fried spring rolls, vermicelli rice noodles and lovely as a vinaigrette dressing for salad.
It’s not your typical Nuoc Cham recipe as I’ve made it vegan, left out Vietnamese fish sauce, swapped out carrots for ginger and a few more tweaks😉 Don’t worry it’s just as good! Better even and so easy to make! One of my favourites! I used to love it with shrimp and egg rolls now try it drizzled on my deconstructed egg roll bowl for an extra hit of deliciousness!
Not just for Vietnamese food! Drizzle this sauce on everything it’s amazing!!
- Sweet Chili sauce: a delicious pre made sauce that contains chilies, sugar. Various brands available in most grocery stores!
- Rice wine vinegar: for tang and balance
- Lime juice: adds tart brightness
- Ginger: sweet and peppery element
- Tamari: salty umami flavour, replaces the fish sauce, could sub soy sauce
- Chili garlic sauce: adds a little heat and hints of garlic
How to make it:
- Make sauce
Mix ingredients in a small bowl!
Serve room temperature or chilled. Enjoy as an asian dip or salad dressing. That’s it! Full ingredients and instructions in printable recipe card below
How to use it:
Here are some of my favourite serving suggestions for this delicious asian dipping sauce
- as a dip with vegan chicken nuggets, french fries or sweet potato fries- so yummy!
- Serve along side my peanut sauce with fresh spring rolls!
- Drizzle on lettuce wraps, ramen noodles, pad Thai or peanut noodles
- enjoy with grilled tofu and roasted veggies
- lovely with rice dishes
- as a salad dressing with rice noodles, fresh chopped mangos & herbs -mmm
It is a Vietnamese dipping sauce usually served with fresh or fried spring rolls and is made with fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, carrots, and chilies, My version is made without fish sauce and carrots and I've added ginger- so tasty!
Nuoc Cham is sweet tangy, bright, salty, spicy, savoury- full of umami flavour
This Vietnamese dipping sauce will keep covered in the fridge for up to a couple of weeks!
Why you'll love it:
- it's sweet and spicy
- light and refreshing
- gluten free and vegan
- bright and tangy
- versatile- add to so many dishes!
- salty savoury
- full of umami flavour
- crave worthy you'll want it drizzled on everything!
More favourite sauce recipes:
- Peanut sauce
- 10 Minute Vegan Tzatziki
- Vegan Raita (Indian Cucumber Yogurt Sauce)
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Vegan Burger Sauce Recipe
- Easy Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 5 Spice Stir-Fry Sauce
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print