You’ll have a hard time believing these Vegan JUST Egg Bites aren’t made with real eggs! Each bite is fluffy, soft, and packed with veggies. Made with liquid JUST egg, they look and taste just like classic breakfast egg muffins.
These eggless vegan “egg” muffins are an easy and delicious on-the-go breakfast you need in your life. Made with plenty of veggies and liquid JUST Egg, they look and taste just like real eggs! You won’t ever want to leave home on a Monday without a few Vegan JUST Egg Bites in tow.
Vegan JUST Egg recipes never cease to amaze me. All kinds of classic breakfast meals, like scrambled eggs, omelettes, baked casseroles, and mini frittatas can now all be veganized thanks to this eggless product that looks, feels, and tastes just like real eggs. Check out their website to learn more or just try this breakfast muffins recipe and be amazed!
You’re going to love these vegan egg muffins! They’re:
- A portable and delicious vegan breakfast.
- A great source of protein.
- Fridge and freezer-friendly.
- Filled with vegetables and made without eggs.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Liquid JUST Egg - If you haven’t yet tried JUST Egg, you’re in for a treat! It helps vegan omelettes, breakfast casseroles, and veggie egg muffins look and taste just like real eggs. Bottles of liquid JUST Egg are sold in most major grocery stores nowadays but you can use their website to find it near you.
- Vegetables - Onion, bell peppers, garlic, corn, sun dried tomatoes, and capers are cooked quickly in a skillet before being scooped and baked in the muffins. These are my favorite veggies to use in breakfast muffins but you can use anything you like!
- Herbs - I love the fresh and earthy flavors fresh dill and dried Italian seasonings bring to this easy breakfast.
How to make vegan JUST Egg bites
This easy vegan breakfast can be tossed together in no time. Here’s how it’s done:
- Cook the vegetables: Saute the onions and peppers in an oiled skillet over medium heat. Once they’re soft, add in the garlic, corn, and tomatoes. Take the skillet off the heat and stir in the capers and herbs.
- Assemble the “egg” bites: Scoop the veggie mix into a prepared muffin tin. Pour the liquid JUST Egg over the vegetables and fill it to the top.
- Bake the bites: Bake the breakfast muffins until the center is set and firm.
- Let them cool, then enjoy: Take the muffins out of the oven, leave them to cool on a wire rack, then serve! For full ingredients and instructions see printable recipe card below.
Tips and variations
- Make the JUST egg bites with any vegetables you love. Broccoli, spinach, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions, or anything you’d put in a breakfast casserole would fit in here.
- Don’t forget the protein! Include crumbled vegan sausage, tofu bacon, or diced vegan breakfast patties in the filling as well.
- Add a pinch of black salt for an extra "eggy" flavor boost.
- If you want to add shredded vegan cheese, divide ¾ cup of cheese between the muffin cups (on top of the veggies). Pour JUST Egg over top, then bake.
- It’s really important that you measure the ingredients carefully and dice the veggies into small pieces. This will ensure you have enough filling to place in all 12 muffin cups and so you don’t end up needing more than the 2 bottles of JUST Egg.
- Always cook the vegetable filling before adding them into the muffin cups. Raw vegetables will leak excess moisture as they cook, leaving you with undercooked or overly moist “egg” cups.
If you’re taking the vegan breakfast muffins on the go, make sure you pack them with a small serving of restaurant-style salsa or ketchup for dipping. Otherwise, you can make them a part of your regular breakfast and serve them next to all of your favorites!
Storing and freezing
To store: The egg bites will last for about 4 to 5 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
To freeze: Transfer the cooled muffins to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Let them thaw in the fridge before reheating.
To reheat: Warm the muffins in the microwave for 1 to 1 ½ minutes, then enjoy.
More vegan breakfast recipes
- Vegan Eggs Benedict
- Banana Waffles
- Easy Tofu Scramble
- The Best Vegan Quiche Recipe
- Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print