This Easy JUST Egg Omelette is so realistic, you’ll have a hard time believing it’s vegan! Stuffed with sauteed veggies and vegan cheese, this savory breakfast is an eggy delight you can turn to when you’re craving the real thing.
There’s no way I would ever turn my nose up at Tofu Scramble or a chickpea flour omelette, but this Easy JUST Egg Omelette is just way too good to pass up! Made with the revolutionary JUST Egg liquid egg replacer, it looks, tastes, and feels just like a real one or two egg omelette.
Mixing the yellow egg replacer with a little flour, baking powder, and Italian seasoning helps the vegan egg fluff up just like a real egg omelette would. Filled with sauteed veggies and vegan cheese, every bite is super savory and irresistible! Make it a part of the ultimate savory vegan breakfast by serving it next to Breakfast Potatoes, Tofu Bacon, and bagels with cream cheese.
What is the JUST Egg and what does it taste like?
JUST Egg is a liquid vegan egg replacer made from simple plant based ingredients. The yellow liquid scrambles, fluffs, and cooks just like real eggs! You can use it to make more JUST Egg recipes like vegan omelettes, french toast, quiche, and more.
The taste is very similar to real eggs. Once it’s done cooking, the JUST Egg omelette is nicely seasoned, savory, and tender. The texture is pretty much the same as the real thing too!
JUST Egg omelette ingredients
- JUST Egg - This is just like liquid eggs, but made completely from plants! It tastes, looks, and feels just like real eggs.
- Flour - All purpose flour mixed with JUST Egg will help keep the omelette held together. You can swap it for a 1:1 gluten free flour blend to make this a vegan gluten free omelette.
- Baking powder - To help the vegan omelette fluff up.
- Seasoning - I like Italian seasoning or dried dill for an herby flavor but you can garlic powder, paprika, or even nutritional yeast to elevate the flavors. Add a pinch of black salt (kala namak) to help it taste eggy.
- Filling - I used a mixture of bell pepper, mushrooms, spinach, and vegan cheese. See below for even more filling options!
How to make a JUST Egg omelette
You’ll need a 9 ½ inch non stick pan for this recipe. You can still use a smaller pan, like an 8-inch or less, but the omelette will be thicker and take a little longer to cook.
- Make the vegan “egg” batter: Whisk the JUST egg, flour, baking powder, seasonings, and black salt together in a bowl.
- Cook the filling: Saute the peppers, onions, and mushrooms in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with melted butter. Stir in the spinach. Transfer the cooked filling from the pan to a bowl.
- Cook the vegan omelette: Lower the heat and add more butter to the pan. Pour the JUST Egg mixture into the pan. Cover with a lid so the top and edges can cook. When it’s looking more set, flip the omelette over and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the filling and serve: Sprinkle some vegan cheese, filling, and more cheese on one half of the omelette. Fold the other half over top and cover the pan with a lid so the cheese can melt. Serve and enjoy!
Vegan omelette filling and topping ideas
- Vegetables: Onions, shallots, artichokes, broccoli, avocado, asparagus, tomatoes, black olives, bell peppers, or scallions.
- Greens: Spinach, kale, or arugula.
- Vegan cheese: Any shredded vegan cheese that melts well will do!
- Beans: Black or pinto beans.
- Vegan meat: Tofu bacon, diced vegan ham, or vegan sausage.
- Toppings: Chives, green onions, cilantro, hot sauce, pico de gallo, salsa, chopped avocado, or guacamole.
Tips for success
- Shake the bottle of JUST egg really well before using.
- Saute the veggies in your omelette filling so they’re more flavorful and tender.
- Use a good quality non stick frying pan so the JUST Egg doesn’t stick.
- Instead of vegan butter, feel free to use olive oil or avocado oil instead.
- Instead of cooking the vegan egg and filling separately, you can leave the filling in the skillet and pour the liquid JUST Egg right over top and let it cook.
Frequently asked questions
The main ingredients in the liquid JUST Egg are mung beans, carrot extract, and turmeric.
¼ cup from One bottle (or one serving) of JUST Egg is equivalent to one chicken egg. I’d suggest buying a few bottles at a time if you’d like to double the recipe or feed a crowd.
Use it to make vegan scrambled eggs, wrap them up into a breakfast burrito, use it to make vegan quiche, dip bread in the liquid “egg” for french toast, or stuff the cooked “eggs” in a breakfast sandwich. The options are endless!
I’m so excited that JUST Egg is now in Canada! It’s available in the refrigerated or egg section of and most Walmarts, some specialty grocery stores, across North America or you can buy it online. Use their website to find it in a store near you.
Looking for more vegan breakfast recipes?
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print