Easy vegan pasta salad made with summer veggies, fresh herbs, rotini noodles dressed with a sweet tangy vinaigrette. Delicious everyday pasta salad perfect for a family picnic. Serve cold
If you’re a pasta salad lover like me then this easy pasta salad recipe is for you. Naturally vegan, dairy free, super quick to throw together and full of flavour.
It's my go to salad filled with healthy veggies like corn, tomatoes, peppers, olives, perfectly cooked noodles and a knock your socks off ( no mayo ) lemon dill salad dressing!
Adapted from my mediterranean pasta salad with orzo!
This is one of my family’s favourite vegan salads (besides creamy ranch pasta salad 😋) and hopefully yours now too- enjoy! lovely for spring, summer or any time of the year!
One of those simple delicious vegan recipes you'll make again and again! loved by vegetarians and meat eaters alike!
..and if you love pasta salads check out my creamy vegan macaroni salad-- so yummy also!!
So many salads you can make with pasta: pesto, Italian, avocado the list is endless..
- Rotini noodles: or any medium noodle, regular or use gluten free pasta
- Veggies: I add corn, black olives, bell peppers, red onions, tomatoes. my friend says she loves adding broccoli for broccoli pasta salad (I"d prefer not to lol!)
- Fresh herbs: I love cilantro in this salad! Could sub a little parsley or dill
- Lemon dill dressing: apple cider vinegar (not red wine vinegar), lemon juice, oil (I like neutral grapeseed for this could use olive oil) sugar or maple syrup, dijon mustard, fresh garlic, pinch of salt and pepper!
How to make vegan pasta salad:
- Cook pasta according to recipe instructions, drain add back to pot with cold water to chill. Drain well. Toss with a drizzle of oil.
- While pasta is cooking prep vegetables and herbs add to large bowl. Add cooked cooled pasta
- To make the dressing: add ingredients to a jar seal and shake to combine or whisk together in a small bowl. Pour over salad. Toss everything together. Serve and enjoy! For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below
What to serve with pasta salad?
- lovely served along side vegan hamburgers, hot-dogs, sandwiches like mock tuna, 'chicken or 'egg', garlic bread, corn on the cob, other potluck salad recipes, or with vegan turkey, steak or ham. so many great choices!
Can vegans eat pasta salad?
- Absolutley just make sure the salad contains no meat, eggs and the dressing is dairy free or made with plant based mayo
Should you rinse pasta for pasta salad?
- Yes rinse them! you want noodles chilled, perfectly cooked and not starchy
How long will pasta salad keep?
- will keep covered in fridge for a couple of days but is best served freshly made
- Dress salad just before serving for best results
- Make up to a day ahead: keep dressing, noodles and veggies separate until ready to serve
- Chill pasta in cold water after boiling to stop cooking process to prevent overcooking
- Cook noodles just right don’t over or under cook
- Customize! Don’t like olives? add some cucumbers instead -meaning swap out for the vegetables you like!
- Make it a meal: with some vegan protein, add a 1/2 cup or so chickpeas , lentils or vegan chicken pieces etc,..
More vegan salad recipes:
- Best Vegan Macaroni Salad
- Vegan Broccoli Salad
- Vegan Potato Salad
- 15 Minute Cowboy Caviar (AKA Texas Caviar)
- Ramen Noodle Salad Recipe With Asian Dressing
- Curried Quinoa Salad
- Absolute Best Vegan Coleslaw!
- Vegan Caesar Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad with Greek Salad Dressing
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!Print