My Vegan Minestrone soup is a classic hearty Italian soup loaded with veggies, red beans, pasta in a rich savoury broth! Quick and easy 1 pot soup! Healthy, tastes incredible!
If you like Olive Garden minestrone soup you will love my vegan minestrone soup recipe!! It’s better by far and super simple to make. Great for winter, fall or spring! -January, February, March and April! Ready in 30 minutes time give or take.
Packed with healthy veggies, noodles and beans you can’t go wrong! It’s a perfect vegetarian soup for a satisfying family meal with some warm no knead crispy artisan bread or focaccia Yes! Lunch or dinner.
Last night after I made it I promptly ate 2 bowls - Absolutley delicious! I dropped off some to my daughter and she says the kids gobbled it up😊 sharing is caring
Have not made this minestrone recipe in the crockpot or instant pot- yet..
What is minestrone?
Name minestrone is pronounced "min eh stron ee" or "min eh stron eh" It is a thick vegetable soup usually with cannellini beans and small pasta added. Sometimes cabbage, kale or squash too. Originated from Italy. Ingredients vary slightly by region
- vegetables: carrots, celery, onions, garilic, cabbage and zucchini or green beans or squash
- oil: grapeseed or olive oil are my go to's. Vegan butter will work also
- beans: I usually add red beans or cannellini beans
- tomatoes: tomato sauce and canned diced tomatoes, no tomato paste
- herbs and spices: basil, oregano, celery salt, garlic and onion powder
- vegetable broth: I use better than bouillon no chicken soup base. It adds umami flavour!
- nutritional yeast: gives it a slight cheesy flavour- yum! which works well in replacing the parmesan cheese rind
- pasta: I usually used elbow macaroni but any small pasta will work like Ditalini pasta which is common in this type of soup and of course use gluten free pasta if needed
- optional add ins: chopped potatoes and spinach
How to make vegan minestrone soup:
- Heat large soup pot / dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil, onions, celery, carrots, cabbage a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for 7 minutes or so until veggies are softened.
- Stir in the rest of ingredients except the pasta. Bring to a boil on high heat. Cover, reduce to a good simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Remove from heat, uncover and let sit for 5 minutes. Pasta will continue to cook and plump up a bit. Season with salt and pepper to taste if necessary. Enjoy!
- Serve as is or add little fresh chopped basil, or drizzle of pesto, sprinkle of vegan parmesan, squeeze of lemon if you like. Lovely with no knead artisan bread or focaccia for dipping! For full recipe ingredients and instructions see recipe card below
Is Campbell's minestrone soup vegan?
- No it is not
Is Olive garden minestrone vegan?
- Yes it is
What's difference between vegetable soup and minestrone soup?
- They are both made using lots of veggies but minestrone is beefed up with beans and pasta too!
Can minestrone be frozen?
- The soup will keep covered in fridge for 3-4 days. Can freeze for 2-3 months but I don’t recommend it unless you cook pasta separately. The noodles tend to go a bit mushy once defrosted.
- dice carrots small so they cook at the same time as other veggies, same goes for cabbage!
- under cook pasta by a bit as it will keep on cooking in the soup broth
- cook pasta separately if you're planning on freezing soup
You'll love this soup, it's:
- hearty and savoury
- full of veggies
- quick and simple to prepare
- a great family friendly meal
Enjoy everyone! Happy Day! Please feel free to comment below and give this recipe a rating. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
More hearty soup recipes:
- Vegan Zuppa Toscana
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Jamaican Vegetable Soup
- Mexican Bean Soup ( Slow cooker option)
- Classic Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
- Vegan Corn Chowder With Potatoes