Quick & Easy Vegan Mac and Cheese made in the instant pot that tastes incredible! Rich creamy cheesy pasta goodness that’s ready in minutes!! Kids and adults love this recipe! Nut free, no cashews or nutritional yeast.
Ok so I’ve outdone myself here!! This instant pot vegan mac and cheese is crazy delicious! I was blown away by the flavour and silky creamy texture!! Wait until you taste the cheese sauce!! No one will believe it’s vegan!
Best of all it takes 4 minutes to pressure cook and your slurping back a bowl of ultra cheesy pasta! That’s a win win in my books and you don’t need a speedy blender, or food processor! Yay
Ingredients needed are:
- macaroni noodles, water, vegetarian no chicken better than bouillon, spices like garlic and onion powder, hot sauce, mustard, vegan cheese, I used Daiya cheddar and cream cheese, plant milk, butter and salt and pepper!
…seriously it’s that simple everything gets dumped in your instant pot, set the timer, cook and wammo! Stir in the cheeses, dairy free milk and your lunch is ready or hey make it dinner with broccoli a caesar salad and garlic bread!! Oh yah!!
-Your whole family will thank you if you make this Mac n cheese- vegetarians and carnivores too! and your kids will be asking for these noodles on a regular basis!! Not kidding! Fast becoming a favourite of mine and my grandkids❤️
FYI if you haven’t noticed I might have a slight addiction to pasta- this will be my third vegan mac and cheese recipe😳 on the blog! And none of them are detox recipes haha! Not even close!
Pure indulgence my friends (one of these days I’ll make a healthy butternut squash version I promise 😬)
How to make instant pot vegan mac and cheese:
- Add water, bouillon paste, vegan butter, mustard, spices, salt and pepper to your instant pot, give it a good stir. Mix in the macaroni. Cover with lid and set to 'sealing' position. Push pressure button and set to high pressure for 4 minutes (+ - buttons)
- When times up do a quick release (turn valve too venting) Stir in the cheeses until fully combined then add the hot milk. Stir for a few minutes until melted. If cheese isn't melting enough set to sauté and stir gently for 1-2 minutes. Add more milk if needed
- Season with salt and pepper if desired and enjoy!! Full recipe ingredients and instructions in recipe card below.
You'll love this instant pot vegan pasta, it's:
- so flipping tasty!
- super simple
- Dairy free
- the ultimate comfort food
- Easily gluten free
- A great Family meal or side dish
Enjoy everyone. Happy Day! Feel free to comment below and rate this recipe. I'd love to hear from you!
Want more Vegan Pasta Recipes? Check these out!
- Baked Vegan Mac and Cheese -
- Best Vegan Baked Ziti Ever! (Easy Too)
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
Jalapeño Cheddar Vegan Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Alfredo Sauce with Fettuccine
- Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Pasta (Tomato Sauce)
- Vegan Lasagna - The Best Recipe!
- Hearty Vegan Bolognese
- Vegan Hamburger Helper