Vegan Lasagna, delicious and meaty with Tofu Cashew Ricotta – Oh yah the BEST Recipe! Rich meaty bolognese sauce, cheesy, tangy tofu ricotta, fresh and grilled veggies, tasty vegan cheese, layered between perfectly cooked lasagna noodles…uh Yup I’m in!
EVERYONE LOVES LASAGNA!
…And this vegan lasagna is no slouch. Yes it takes some time but what lasagna doesn’t? And it’s so worth the effort.
This Meaty Vegan Lasagna is one of my favourite recipes. The balance of flavours is just perfect, so saucy, cheesy and delicious. Let’s get to it!
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS MEATY VEGAN LASAGNA:
It’s all about good ingredients, layering and some love. I make my vegan lasagna using good old fashioned noodles (you know the kind you cook first😉) paired with my delicious Vegan Bolognese Sauce, made with San Marzano tomatoes and my tofu cashew ricotta. I slice a couple fresh tomatoes and grill some sliced zucchini – YUM! Add some fresh chopped spinach and delicious vegan cheese, layer it all up and you’ve got a winning vegan lasagna folks. I use a 13×9 inch lasagna pan.
My favourite vegan cheese for this vegan lasagna is:
Earth Island Mozzarella or Provolone ( also goes under the name “Follow your Heart). It melts beautifully and tastes delicious. Ok people lets make some lasagna. I know you folks will love it, and it’s guaranteed to please every carnivore as well.
This Delicious Meaty Vegan lasagna is:
the perfect bite
the best family meal
easily gluten free
I hope you enjoy Guys. Happy day😊 Feel free to comment and rate this recipe below. I would love to hear from you!
Other Main courses recipes you’ll enjoy:Print
Delicious Meaty Vegan Lasagna with Tofu Cashew Ricotta – Oh Yah The BEST Recipe! Rich meaty vegan bolognese sauce, cheesy tangy tofu ricotta, fresh and grilled veggies, tasty vegan cheese, layered between perfectly cooked lasagna noodles…uh Yup I’m in!
- 1 Recipe Vegan bolognese Sauce or equivalent of your favorite sauce, at least 6 cups or more.
- 1 box lasagna noodles, regular or gluten free ( I used 15 noodles)
- 1 tbsp oil or so (optional) see “Grill Zucchini Instructions”
- 2 cups or so chopped fresh spinach
- 2 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into strips
- 2 large tomatoes cut into semi thin slices
- Vegan cheese, I use Earth Island Mozzarella or Provolone, 6-8 slices. It’s also called Follow Your Heart.
- Salt & Pepper
TOFU CASHEW RICOTTA INGREDIENTS:
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pkg Extra Firm Tofu, drained
- 3 tbsps of your favorite vegan pesto or 1 to 1 & 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- juice of 1 lemon, approximately 1/4 cup
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsps white miso
- 1 & 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- Follow instructions for Vegan Bolognese HERE or use equivalent of your favourite pasta sauce. I usually make my sauce a day or two ahead or have some handy in the freezer.
INSRTUCTIONS FOR TOFU CASHEW RICOTTA:
- Add cashews to a soup bowl and cover with boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and add to your Nutra Bullet along with 1/3 cup of water. Process until smooth.
- Break up tofu and add to food processor along with the cashew cream you just made and the rest of ingredients. Process till smooth. If to thick for your liking add some plant milk 1 tbsp at a time until your happy with consistency. Salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to add more pesto and or lemon juice to suit your tastes.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips, add to bowl with the oil and toss to combine. Grill on Bbq or grill pan set to med-high heat. Couple of minutes or more on each side until tender, with a slight bite. If avoiding oil cook in pan with broth or water.
- Cook noodles according to instructions. Drain and add back to pot with cold water until needed.
TO ASSEMBLE VEGAN LASAGNA: (SEE PHOTO ABOVE FOR GUIDANCE IF NEEDED)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spread 1 and 1/2 cups of sauce evenly in lasagna pan
- Add layer of noodles, over lapping a bit
- Now add 1 and 1/2 cups or so of sauce, top with sliced zucchini, then tomato slices.
- Then add another layer of overlapping noodles, going the opposite direction this time. you will have to cut noodles to fit.
- Now add the tofu cashew ricotta, and spread evenly over the noodles.
- Top with chopped spinach, and another 1 and 1/2 cups or so of sauce
- Add your final layer of overlapping noodles , going in opposite direction again.
- Now add your final 1 and 1/2 cups or so of sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes
- Remove from oven, uncover and add your cheese slices and a couple twists of the salt and pepper mill. Return to the oven uncovered for another 10 minutes so cheese melts.
- Remove from oven. Let sit for at least 1o minutes to cool slightly.
- Slice and Enjoy!!
- Feel free to add extra cheese to one of the layers
- I personally like old fashioned lasagna noodles rather than the “no cook” variety. I think the taste and texture is much better, but hey thats just my opinion😊
- My bolognese sauce recipe makes a lot so you can be generous between layers, or freeze the extra sauce. I actually would’ve liked more sauce for my lasagna, and pictures but we had spaghetti a few days before so I had just enough sauce left over for lasagna😆
- Prep time doesn’t include making the Vegan Bolognese sauce.
Keywords: vegan lasagna, meaty vegan lasagna, delicious, tofu, cashew, ricotta, sauce, with, mushrooms, high, protein, bolognese, vegan, meaty, best, perfect, the, recipe, tasty, grilled veggies,