It's time to elevate your salad game with a vegan Greek pasta salad that will knock your socks off! This salad is not only colorful and delicious but also incredibly easy to make.
With the perfect combination of pasta, fresh veggies, herbs, and vegan feta cheese, this salad is sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters.
If you like this, then make sure you check out our simple vegan pasta salad for another take on this classic.
This recipe will have the salad ingredients as well as a separate set of ingredients just for the salad dressing. Check the recipe card for quantities of the ingredients listed below.
For the salad:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Kalamata olives
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Vegan feta
- Rotini pasta
For the dressing:
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
- Black pepper
- White wine vinegar (or lemon juice)
- Macadamia nut oil (or olive oil)
Begin by following the package directions to cook the pasta until it is al dente. Once it is cooked, drain and set it aside in a large bowl.
While it is cooking, you can prepare the vegetables. Slice or chop ingredients into bite-sized pieces.
Now, whisk together the white wine vinegar, macadamia nut oil, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and garlic powder together to make the dressing.
You can toss everything together then serve, or create a layered look by adding a bit of everything onto each plate, then drizzling it with salad dressing for each person to toss together as they prefer.
This recipe is filled with delicious flavor, but below I have included a few things you can substitute if needed.
- Substitute the kalamata olives with black or green olives if you prefer. Green olives will give a briny flavor.
- Sun-dried tomatoes can be replaced with roasted red peppers or even fresh diced tomatoes.
- Replace the white wine vinegar with lemon juice or red wine vinegar if needed.
- Any fresh salad oil works in place of the macadamia nut oil. Olive oil and avocado oil are the most common.
Below are some great ways to mix things up a bit and create a whole new recipe using this as a base.
- Vegan antipasto salad: Use a mix of chopped lettuce and pasta for the base of the salad, and add some marinated artichokes, roasted red peppers, and vegan pepperoni slices. For the dressing, use a mix of red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, and garlic.
- Caprese-style pasta salad: Use mini vegan mozzarella balls instead of vegan feta, and add some fresh sliced basil to the mix. Use balsamic vinegar and olive oil for the dressing, and sprinkle with some black pepper.
- Roasted vegetable pasta salad: Toss some chopped zucchini, eggplant, and red onion with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast in the oven until tender. Mix with the cooked pasta and other salad ingredients, and toss with a lemon and olive oil dressing.
Store any leftover Greek pasta salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I do not recommend freezing this salad because the fresh vegetables and pasta would not have a good texture once thawed.
💭 Top Tip
When making pasta, make sure that you cook just until it is al dente. You want it to be soft but have some texture. I recommend checking at least 1 minute before the recommended time on the packaging.
You can use any vegan pasta you prefer for this recipe. In fact, for added protein, I recommend using red lentil pasta or edamame pasta if possible.
You can absolutely use a ready-made Greek dressing for this recipe. Just make sure you verify that it is indeed plant-based and has no hidden ingredients.
If you like Greek or Mediterranean flavors, then you will love these recipes! A great choice to add to your menu.
Want something to pair with this at the dinner table? It's perfect alongside these main dishes!
Vegan Greek Pasta Salad
For the salad:
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse under cold water, and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the dressing by whisking together garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, black pepper, white wine vinegar, and macadamia nut oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces and halve the cherry tomatoes. Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes and Kalamata olives. Roughly chop the vegan feta.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and vegan feta. Add the dressing and toss everything together until well combined.
- Top with fresh basil leaves and serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Replace the vegan feta with any vegan cheese or leave it out and add additional vegetables.
- If you don't like the briny flavor of kalamata olives, replace them with black olives instead.
- For added flavor, roast mushrooms and toss them with the salad.
Keep everyone safe and follow the tips below for proper food safety!
- Always sanitize countertops, cutting boards, utensils, and cookware thoroughly between each use.
- Wash your hands in warm soapy water, rubbing for at least 20 seconds before rinsing. Remember, "FROG" means friction rubs off germs.
- After serving food, allow it to cool, then place it into the refrigerator or proper storage immediately. Food should be at room temperature for no more than 2 hours for safety.