The Best Vegan burger Recipe Ever you say!? OH Yah it’s a Winner! These Ultimate Beefy Vegan Burgers are the best ever and made with a lot of love, Yup- definitely a labour of love. I have been trying to make a juicy, won’t fall apart, delicious, grillable veggie burger recipe for ages now! and…
…I nailed it!! Thank you Vegan Burger Gods! I was seriously about to throw in the towel.
You will love my meatless burger the vegan burger patties taste like the real deal! Moist chewy, meaty and super flavourful!!
Honestly when your mixing up the vegan hamburger with your hands it feels like real hamburger meat!! Its crazy!
How to make the Best Vegan Burger Ever:
I start by soaking the whole grain bulgur in boiling water, and setting aside for at least 30 minutes.
Next get your food processor in action. I add the mushrooms to the food processor in three batches, ( depending on the size of your food processor) you want the size pretty small but not all mush (See video below). Then add all your seasonings and liquids.
When your bulgur wheat, is ready drain it well, toss it in and give it all a mix.
Now incorporate your Vital Wheat Gluten and then mix by hand for 2-4 minutes ( 2 usually does it). If your mix seems a little wet, it’s all good !
Lastly form & Bake your vegan hamburgers!
This recipe is easy to make and the patties freeze beautifully (after they’re cooked)😊 For Full Recipe see Recipe Card Below.
You can cook these vegetable patties in advance, chill in fridge ( for later) and then bbq or freeze then reheat on bbq, oven or frying pan. They will be just as moist and delicious !!
So there you have it cook up a batch of Vegan Hamburgers, toss them in your freezer for your next Bbq. If you can’t find Vital Wheat Gluten in your grocery store, check your health food store or find it here. You can also find Vegan Worcestershire sauce here and Bulgur here.
That’s it people, go pull out your food processor and get cooking!
These Vegan Burgers are:
they won’t fall apart
The Ultimate Veggie Burger
my favourite burger
Enjoy you Guys! Happy Day😊
Feel free to comment below. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
More delicious Vegan Main Dish Recipes you might like:
Check out the Vegan Burger Recipe Video below👇Print
The Best Vegan Burger Recipe you say!? OH Yah it’s a winner. These Ultimate Beefy Vegan Burgers are the best ever and made with a lot of love, Yup- definitely a labour of love. I have been trying to make a juicy, won’t fall apart, grillable delicious veggie burger recipe for ages now. I think I nailed it!
VEGAN HAMBURGER INGREDIENTS:
- 1 and 1/2 lbs white or brown mushrooms ( approx 700 grams)
- medium onion ( diced small)
- 1 tbsp oil ( for onions)
- 1/2 cup Bulgar Wheat
- 1 cup water ( for bulgur wheat)
- 1 and 1/2 cups Vital Wheat Gluten
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp Bbq sauce ( I like Bulls Eye Bold Original)
- 2 tsp boullion paste ( I like “Better than Bouillon Vegetarian No Beef Soup Base”)
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil ( for burger mix)
- 2 tsp Vegan Worcestershire sauce ( I like ‘Annies‘ or “The Wizards”)
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
BURGER TOPPINGS 😄
- 8 – 10 Burger buns
- Vegan Burger Sauce Recipe
- Red onions
- Hot banana peppers ( I love them 😄)
- Vegan cheese ( opt) ( see notes*)
- And whatever else floats your boat👍
- Heat up a small skillet, on med heat and add little oil, S&P and saute your onions for 5 minutes or so then set aside.
- Add the bulgar to a soup bowl and add 1 cup boiling water, cover, and set aside for 30 minutes
- Pre heat oven 350°
- In your Food Processor, process your mushrooms. (You might have to process your mushrooms in two or three batches depending on the size of your food processor) , making them quite small, but not mushy ( see video),and add to a large mixing bowl. Then add the sautéed onions, seasonings and liquids.
- Drain the bulgar well and add when ready( don’t worry it will be very chewy, thats good) Mix it all together.
- Lastly add in the Vital Wheat Gluten, and stir until combined and then mix by hand for 2 – 4 min ( 2 is probably good😊) It is ready when you see strands forming in the burger mix.
- Form 1/2 cup patties on a lightly oiled large (or parchment lined) non stick sheet tray. Spray tops of patties lightly with cooking spray, (optional).
- Bake the patties for 25 min, flipping them halfway through
- Remove the patties from the oven add cheese and broil couple of minutes, ( cheese is optional)
- Grab a Burger, and a bun and build your Burgers.
- Enjoy !!
REHEAT FROM FROZEN:
OVEN: preheat 350° cook burgers 5-7 minutes on each side.
STOVE TOP: heat a cast iron or non stick skillet on med heat, add a tbsp or so of oil, cook 3-5 minutes on each side.
GRILL: heat the grill to med/high heat, and lightly oil (pre cooked) burgers, grill 3-5 minutes each side.
- To freeze the vegan hamburger patties: first cook and cool on counter then in fridge, then wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze
- I recommend cooking burgers first in oven then bbq if desired
- I like Follow Your Heart vegan cheeses, the Jalapeño Havarti is really good, cheddar is too, and I like the Daiya Jalapeño Havarti as well, and its cheaper.
- Nutritional Chart below is calculated without the Vital wheat Gluten
- If you love this seitan burger recipe check out my Vegan Salsbury Steak & Mushroom Gravy
Keywords: best vegan burger recipe, grillable vegan burger, burger, beefy, ultimate, grillable, best ever, easy, simple, won't fall apart, best, juicy, recipe, veggie patties, vegan burger recipe,